wrist mounted dive computer or attached?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think Michael says it all perfectly. I was using a non AI computer and a SPG with a compass until my wife got me an Aeris Epic for Christmas. I dove with it for two river dives and really liked the features...at least the ones I could figure out. I am still learning about it. I still used my Oceanic Veo 180 as a backup as well as my old SPG just to make sure everything worked right and to compare readings across the board. I can say that I really like the Epic computer and with some study I hope to be able to maximize its capabilities.

With all that said unless someone is giving a really nice gift I would recommend getting good quality gear (reg, bcd, mask, fins, wetsuit, lights, dive marker, camera. etc.) and being fully rigged up before splurging on the AI computer. After you have all the other toys, they should have some nice models at better prices.

Dive soon and dive safe.

As far as equipment goes I do not feel a camera, or lights are more important than knowing your air pressure or depth however those things happen. I would say tank pressure is a priority beyond everything but a regulator. An AI computer can be considered a luxury only if you also have an SPG and depth gauge with you. When using an AI computer that is the most important indicator one has for status. An AI computer is not a luxury if that is what you are using.

I sometimes dive with a brass SPG, but do not mistake, I rely heavily on my AI computer and often that is all I have with me on a dive.

Back
Top Bottom