Wrist seal dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is your price range? Oftentimes you may want to pay a few more bucks for a quality product as opposed to trying to save a few bucks and having a piece of equipment fail on a dive.

While 70 dollars may be a tad out of your price range just know that we back up our products with a hassle free return policy and the manufacturers guarantee.

Curse you DRIS with your excellent customer service and competitive prices.....lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marc, I have a set of the SiTech rings that enable your standard wrist seals to use the gloves hawk wood was talking about. I just got a suit recently that has changeable seals. So if you want them, $25 plus shipping. I can take a pic if you'd like.

I would like a picture to know the system, thank

Can do.

---------- Post added November 12th, 2014 at 10:18 PM ----------

0c24df742b3ab798bdcc862fed246162.jpg

Made by SiTech, the wrist seal is secured by the small inner ring (multi coloured rings are different sizes). The seal on the wrist stays intact so if there is a leak in the glove it won't go into the suit. You put on your choice of glove liner (polar fleece etc) and then place the rubber glove (marigold brand are excellent and cheap) over the large ring.

Can do.

Made by SiTech, the wrist seal is secured by the small inner ring (multi coloured rings are different sizes). The seal on the wrist stays intact so if there is a leak in the glove it won't go into the suit. You put on your choice of glove liner (polar fleece etc) and then place the rubber glove (marigold brand are excellent and cheap) over the large ring.

ok after you need this kind of glove
60575_1.jpg

so the glove is pulled over the ring

Yes the glove is pulled over the ring. That glove works but is $$, most use marigold gloves at $3 a pair.

---------- Post added November 13th, 2014 at 06:13 AM ----------

46b563594f43f2068985cb036ff9c86c.jpg

Can do.

image not available..

Mmmm....I can send by email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viking "Classic" Cuff Rings and Marigold rubber gloves. Simple, "cheap", effective. Easy to put on any latex wrist seal.

Be sure you specify "Classic"... I've used these for decades without problems. However, I recently took delivery of a Santi eMotion and I had specified "Viking Cuffs". I wasn't aware of the new improved style. When I received the suit, the new, improved Viking cuffs were a bit of a surprise. ANd they are useless...

First, they are very small. I have average sized hands, and I can barely fit through them. Second, they require a captured o-ring to seal. Great in theory, except the o-ring falls out. I lost one within a week. The dealer can't get replacements. The distributor can't get them. Viking won't return emails. After four trips to an industrial bearing and seal supplier (at 80km round trip, and $50 each time) I finally found a bunch that would work. They still fall out and are tricky to seal, but nobody seems to be able to figure out what size they are. (Currently, a 28mm x 3mm Viton is pretty close.)

Be sure you specify "Classic"... I've used these for decades without problems. However, I recently took delivery of a Santi eMotion and I had specified "Viking Cuffs". I wasn't aware of the new improved style. When I received the suit, the new, improved Viking cuffs were a bit of a surprise. ANd they are useless...

First, they are very small. I have average sized hands, and I can barely fit through them. Second, they require a captured o-ring to seal. Great in theory, except the o-ring falls out. I lost one within a week. The dealer can't get replacements. The distributor can't get them. Viking won't return emails. After four trips to an industrial bearing and seal supplier (at 80km round trip, and $50 each time) I finally found a bunch that would work. They still fall out and are tricky to seal, but nobody seems to be able to figure out what size they are. (Currently, a 28mm x 3mm Viton is pretty close.)

in the description here, it said it's viking classic cuff rings
Si Tech Rubber Pullover Dry Glove Rings | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL - Dive Right in Scuba

can you confirm it's true?

do you have picture of the other system?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom