wristwatch dive computer - which arm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all the answers made perfect sense, depending on each person's preferences and needs.
As someone once said: "I know there's more than one way to skin a cat, but if I have to skin a cat I prefer to know as many different ways there is" :)

This is what's really great about discussion boards: To get to know how different people skin different cats given different preferences and needs. There is of course always someone who'll disagree and tell you The Only Right Way To Do Things, but only a fool believes that there's just one way to remove the pelt from a domestic feline.

Here's what I'm waiting for...

Petrel_Apple_Watch.jpg

There is of course always someone who'll disagree and tell you The Only Right Way To Do Things, but only a fool believes that there's just one way to remove the pelt from a domestic feline.

I happen to be a righty - so I always leave my computer on my left wrist. Why :) - because when I reach into a bug/lobster hole it is always with my right hand - my computer lens protector either gets scratched or gets in the way if it is on my right wrist. I want to be quick and sure when I reach in to grab something that may bite me.

For those who are "computer-on-left-wrist" does that cause any issues with open water safety stops? That is, does it interfere with using your computer to show depth while you use the inflator/dump hose (presumably with the left hand)?

Or do I just need to get better at blue water depth holding? :)

For those who are "computer-on-left-wrist" does that cause any issues with open water safety stops? That is, does it interfere with using your computer to show depth while you use the inflator/dump hose (presumably with the left hand)?

Or do I just need to get better at blue water depth holding? :)

I actually find it easier to have the computer on the left since I can look at my computer (on the inside of the wrist) while adjusting my buoyancy. I don't have to keep fussing with my buoyancy for more than a couple of seconds until it is properly adjusted.

(I hope that I understand your question :) )

Reactions: tep
I have always worn my primary on my right, like others, so that I can look at it while operating a dump valve. I wear a backup computer on my left, so that under normal circumstances I can check either one, as convenient. E.g. if I'm in a current and happen to be holding onto something with my right hand, I can look at my left.

After I took the Rescue Diver course, I started wearing my primary more to the inside of my right wrist, so that I can see it even if I'm reaching around a non-responsive diver from behind to hold their reg in their mouth (while using my left hand to operate their inflator).

Back
Top Bottom