X-mas!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regulator and/or computer. Major life sustaining equipment. You can always rent/borrow an exposure suit. Better to have your own air supply system than rely on the one that someone else abused the day before.

Be specific in which one you want, have people go in together to get it for you.

My wife just bought my early Christmas present.

http://stahlsac.com/products/W406-B.shtml

and I'm about to pack it up for my cruise Sunday. Going to dive in Belize and Cozumel.

My birthday is in January, I wonder what I might get then. :)

Michael

I think it depends on how much is willing to be spent! If only a couple of hundred then I would go for an exposure suit...who needs to wear someone else's!!! (we all know what is done in them!)
Second I would go for a set of regs and a dive computer...
Then again there are always the little things...that come in useful, and several have been mentioned here already.

I think that the gift card to your local dive shop is a great idea...you could always combine gift cards to get something...and you get the fun to picking it out trying it on and the like...

Stocking stuffers: Mask defogger, small Ikelight, Knife that hooks to your BC, spare mask or fin straps, Scuba Multi-tool, spare o-rings, dive books (Last Dive, Shadow Divers, and HellDiver's Rodeo are my favorites).

Big Gift (probably in this order): Wet Suit, Regs, Dive Computer, Tank, Dry Suit, Camera...got the last two on this list from Santa.

Since most non-divers don't feel qualified to buy scuba equipment, it helps to specify EXACTLY what you want or hook them up with a person at your LDS that can help them. Last year, for example, my wife knew I wanted a camera and strobe. She worked with the LDS -- they added the critical knowledge and even sneaked it into the back of my car while I was on a dive. I ended up driving my own gift home from the LDS without ever knowing it. What a great wife!

mwhities:
My wife just bought my early Christmas present.

http://stahlsac.com/products/W406-B.shtml

and I'm about to pack it up for my cruise Sunday. Going to dive in Belize and Cozumel.

My birthday is in January, I wonder what I might get then. :)

Michael
Sounds like it's going to be a blast! Are you sure you wouldn't want to leave her behind so I can join the dive party? Pretty preeeeeeeeease ... I would like a seperate cabin though. :rofl3:

-----

Mike.

I have told people to just send me to the dive shop with money. I bought my wetsuit first then BCD/Regs then Computer and heavy wetsuit then good divebag and the list goes on and on but trips are always nice.

Bah Humbug here. I asked my family to stop trying to buy me things they think I want, as it just works better if I do my own shopping. I just don't do gift exchanges - then, if I want to get someone something, it's a real gift.

Little things like Spectrum suggested are okay, to a point. You don't need 2 or 3 sausages, and depending on your Wish List shoopers, they may run out of good options and buy you little things you have no use for.
spectrum:
Is there anything that is hard for you to rent? Asside from that question the suit is a good default.
A 3 mil Long, a 7 mil Long, and a Long Skin will cover almost all recreational diving needs before dry suit diving.
Also ask for stocking stuffers. Save a dive kit, slate, whistle, safety sausage, gloves, there is no end.

Merry Christmas

Pete
I would add Storm Whistle as it's the loudest. I carry one in addition to my Dive Alert air whistle, in case I don't have air left to blow it. :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom