X1 rebuild

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... and being fully rebuilt. Only defect is a very small scratch in the screen

Yeah, I agree. If they "rebuilt it", why not fix the scratch? And what did they replace inside? Very mysterious. :wink:

No. I was asking how can I get the batteries replaced. After re-reading the cited post, I realized that I can't get the batteries replaced and have bought (second hand) an expensive paperweight.

This:

Liquivision X1 - Basically New!

Selling my X1. This computer just came back from Liquivision after having the battery replaced and being fully rebuilt. Only defect is a very small scratch in the screen which is not visible under water. Along with the rebuild they sent me a new charger/pc adapter and all of the international plug adapters. This is the newer version with 2 sensors I am including a bungee strap as well as a DSS bungee mount.

Serial # 3104

Asking $900.

Cheers,​

I'm confused?
Here you state that the battery has been replaced and fully rebuilt.

---------- Post added May 21st, 2013 at 06:16 PM ----------

No. I was asking how can I get the batteries replaced. After re-reading the cited post, I realized that I can't get the batteries replaced and have bought (second hand) an expensive paperweight.

Here you state that the batteries cannot be replaced.

Can you clarify, Please?

I think what he posted was the seller's description of the X1 he bought, only to find things weren't quite right.

Thanks for clarifying, Doc.
I wasn't sure.

That's terrible! That's a big ticket item to get burned on.
That kills the used X-1 market for me. I'll be looking at alternatives.

Cheers,
Mitch

http://liquivision.com/docs/Liquivision_X1_User_Agreement_and_Warranty_v3_0.pdf

"5.4 Out-of-Warranty Battery Replacement

The X1 battery can only be replaced or repaired by Liquivision. Liquivision will offer a battery replacement service for a fee, which will be available for a period of not less than ten (10) years from the original date of purchase of the X1"

Moral: Don't believe everything you read on Scubaboard

Just curious but why did you not simply ask whether the batteries are replaceable on a X1 to start? That's a lot of ground to cover to get there!

I don't want to talk about it.
sulkoff.gif

http://liquivision.com/docs/Liquivision_X1_User_Agreement_and_Warranty_v3_0.pdf

"5.4 Out-of-Warranty Battery Replacement

The X1 battery can only be replaced or repaired by Liquivision. Liquivision will offer a battery replacement service for a fee, which will be available for a period of not less than ten (10) years from the original date of purchase of the X1"

Moral: Don't believe everything you read on Scubaboard

Yeah, and the fee is what, currently? Last I heard was $400.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom