XS Scuba Sea Air Trimetal reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clyderyde

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for people that have experience with the sea air trimetal reg by XS Scuba (formally IDI). It has good press in the slick magazines and I have a local dealer who swears by them. Is it durable? ect.

I'm looking to replace an aging scuba pro mk10 g250.

Thanks,

Hi Clyderyde:
Thank you for your interest in our regulator. I'm sure you'll get some posts from others with their opinion. I'll hold mine because of my bias. Though, I suggest you do a search for "XS Scuba" here on the ScubaBoard. You'll find some good information that was posted in the past, including a PDF file of Scuba Diving Magazine's article named Muscle Regulators . When you do the search include the quotes or you'll get everything scuba.

Clyderyde:
I'm looking for people that have experience with the sea air trimetal reg by XS Scuba (formally IDI). It has good press in the slick magazines and I have a local dealer who swears by them. Is it durable? ect.

I'm looking to replace an aging scuba pro mk10 g250.

Thanks,

The XS reg is a good one. It breathes really nicely and has the end lp port that allows for ideal hose routing. I think that the only two downsides to the reg is that is it new (you want the company to still be there when you want service), and that the adjustment knob is not real easy to turn. Other than that, optional environmental seal, DIN connection, and an RMV of over 90 at 198 FSW is pretty impressive. Oh and then there is the price. (about a third of a scubapro depending on where you go

Clyderyde:
I appreciate your input. I think I'll give them a try, and hope that they stay in bussiness.

Clyderyde: You won't go wrong with the XS Scuba reg. Don't worry, these guys are pros they will be in business and they will continue to grow. A good company with quality people and products.

I use the IDI Tri Metal Regulator on my singles setup. I works fine and I honestly have no complaints. Its a solid performer.

Hi Rescue:
XS Scuba is relatively new. We started this business about 3 1/2 years ago. Though myself and partners are not new to the scuba business. I've been working in the scuba industry since 1974 and both my partners have been at it more then 15 years. I can assure you that XS Scuba is here to stay. If your regulator has an adjustment knob that is difficult to turn, it shouldn't be that way. Please call me at 866 977-2822, I'm happy to see that the problem is corrected without cost to you.

Clyderyde:
Enjoy the new regulator and thank you for your support.

Hey Michael:
I appreciate the good words, thanks.

Dive4Life:
Thanks for your input.

I have two "IDI" Tri-Metal regs. One for me and one for my wife. The only complaint i had was the original mouthpiece wasn't comfortable so I replaced it with a moldable one. No problems and no complaints. (ther than my LDS says its a piece of?/@#/) Thats ok because I no longer shop with them.

Anytime XS, I was giving my honest opinion. When I showed my LDS owner the regulator, and told him what I paid for it, he told me that it was a hunk of crap and that he would refuse to service it if asked. This seems to be the general reaction from LDS owners who don't sell you their gear. The rest of it is just a hunk of crap.

XS Scuba:
Hi Rescue:
XS Scuba is relatively new. We started this business about 3 1/2 years ago. Though myself and partners are not new to the scuba business. I've been working in the scuba industry since 1974 and both my partners have been at it more then 15 years. I can assure you that XS Scuba is here to stay. If your regulator has an adjustment knob that is difficult to turn, it shouldn't be that way. Please call me at 866 977-2822, I'm happy to see that the problem is corrected without cost to you.

Clyderyde:
Enjoy the new regulator and thank you for your support.

Hey Michael:
I appreciate the good words, thanks.

Dive4Life:
Thanks for your input.
I too purchase 2 of these XS-ScubaTri-Metal Regulators RIGHT after the good magazine reviews came out. I am pleased with t he quiality and the attractive price! I will state that I too have noticed the adjustment on them are quite stiff. I decided to wait and see if they loosened up buit they haven't.

I have heard this observation before from others.

When you stated to call you I am interpreting that as open to anyone?

Can you please elaborate on any known problems, issues or defects with this "Sticky Adjustment Knob" problem?

Don't misinterpret, I am a fan! I think your company has a great mix of HIGH Quality and REASONABLE pricing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom