Xtx200 vs m1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It should be a hard rule for first and second stages. Granted, IP pressure provides less of a risk - but there is still no reason. You're going to spend $1000+ on a titanium reg for your 02 bottle, instead of a dedicated $300 one manufactured specifically to remove the risk. Doesn't make sense. Breathing o2, just use an 02 or all "plastic" reg.

Not worth debating, and certainly not worth advising anyone on an Internet forum that "it's no big deal". That's a bad attitude.

Certainly not worth debating because that is not what I said nor as you said what the discussion is about. The discussion drifted to being about a single part on the second stage and O2 usage, namely the orifice which on the M* series that is stainless steel, whereas on the Z* series it is Ti.

I said "it is not really an issue". I did not that "it's no big deal". At least quote someone accurately. There are also connotation differences. Further, I prefaced my statement with IMHO. So that is my opinion. You disagree and I noted your point. But at least keep the discussion on track and not add misinformation like: "You're going to spend $1000+ on a titanium reg for your 02 bottle." No one said anything about that.

To conclude and make perfectly clear, using the Ti orifice on the second stage at IP while not the best practice IMHO should not be an issue.

I don't own and haven't dive Apek XTX200/FSR. I own a few Atomic and I am very happy with them.

My questions is amougst Apekes choices, why XTX200/FSR? From 2nd stage point of view, XTX50, 100 and 200 are exactly the same except the cosmetics. For $150 less, you can get XTX50/DST. DST is still sealed balanced diaphram design. IMO it better for hose routing.

I don't own and haven't dive Apek XTX200/FSR. I own a few Atomic and I am very happy with them.

My questions is amougst Apekes choices, why XTX200/FSR? From 2nd stage point of view, XTX50, 100 and 200 are exactly the same except the cosmetics. For $150 less, you can get XTX50/DST. DST is still sealed balanced diaphram design. IMO it better for hose routing.
DST vs FSR
Both the DST and the latest FSR can accommodate the 5th port.
The ARCAP on the FSR is unique but does it worth the extra ~$150.00 is hard to say.
As far as I am concern, ARCAP should be made standard in every Apeks 1st stage.

In pratical terms, I don't think ARCAP is that important unless the tech or DIYer screw up when servicing the reg. In normal usage, I doubt anyone will wear that edge out ever.

Buy I agree, ARCAP should be standard.

Back
Top Bottom