XXXL BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Tavi. I can't wait. I am tired of my Dacor Flyt Pak, which tends to float up around my chest, and has an inflator button that seems to have two positions: full inflate and off.

Aloha,

Jonathan

I'm a large handsome diving person myself.I use the Mares Vectra Origin which 'is' a xl fit and had the cumberbund and straps made to fit.My weightbelt and wtsuit was also custom fitted and it was surprisingly inexpensive to get it done.Your dive shop should have the measuring templates to find your size and send the details to the manufacturer.
The key is to make sure that the flotation bits fit in the right places and give support.The straps and belts are easy then.Try on different B.C.'s and see if they go around enough.The straps can come later.That's my 2 cents?(Wait! maybe that should be $200 ?)
Cheers Big Ears,
The one and only,
Gasman.

Well, the bladder in Pearce's SeaTec ruptured while we were in Bonaire. Thankfully it happened near the end of the week, and he was able to patch it up enough to use.

It's going back to SeaTec in CA for repair. In the meantime, he has bought a Diverite with Rec wings. Although he has yet to "christen it" with a dive, he is very happy with the fit and adjustability of this BC.

I'll let you know how it behaves in open water. :wink:

DSDO,

~SubMariner~

Gills,

You caught that too? I have noted that a lot of the guys that are into diving are, shall we say...bigger than the average bear. My theory is that the weightlessness of the underwater world and the glory of neutral buoyancy is much more appreciated by those of us who travel on the surface with a perpetual 2g of gravity :).

Oh, did I mention that I am 6'4" 283lbs?

Jimbo :tease:

No comment! However,after along hard day working at the WCW,I like to take of my world champion belt and strap on a B.C. to relax.And I Challenge anyone who has an issue with that to step into the ring and we'll sort it out there!
I told you once,I told you a hundred times,
There is only one Gasman

5'8" and only 165 lbs with 3% total body fat. Guess I'll stay out of the ring.

ID

I'm only 5'10", 170 Pounds with a spare tire. I need about 8 pounds of weights to bring me down.

As for that WCW challenge, I'm more of a WWF fan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom