Yay, advanced C-card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pufferfish:
I'd be interested in hearing what the specifics of that was. New info is always welcome. You can PM me so we don't bore the locals to death :wink:
I'll have to have a look through my course materials and see if I can find it...

artw:
shouldn't divers have this under control beforethe advanced course level? .....shouldn't divers have this under control shortly after OW checkouts?

One would hope. However, this is not supported by the current industry norms. For most agencies the term "Advanced" only implies 5 supervised experience dives of varying nature and has nothing to do with the skills expected of the participants. Isn't it amazing that so many experienced (and so called advanced) divers benefit so much from a GUE "Fundamentals" course when what it teaches are the basic fundamentals of good diving. If OW and AOW courses were taught properly the DIRF course would go out of business. As it stands it is probably the most needed course in the industry... irrespective of what you might think of DIR.

FreeFloat:
By the way Welcome, PatH.............. good to see you've found the board!

Thanks Larissa. I'm not much for "Discussion Boards" but I figured I would give it a try. So many people are talking about this one. Now I have to put (real)names and faces to all the callsigns. GRIN

Back
Top Bottom