You know you are a beginner when...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
You know you are a beginner when 3/4 of the threads discuss topics you have never heard of before.

You know you are a beginner when 4/5 of the threads are on topics you Have heard of but they are too deep for you to understand.

You know you are a beginner when you can only understand threads if you have your OW book next to you as a reference.

You know you are a beginner when you cant read or post on ScubaBoard without the aid of your dive buddy.

You know you are a beginner when you find you agree with every possible solution to any kind of problem.

You know you are a beginner when you find yourself taking notes as you read posts on ScubaBoard.

You know you are a beginner when you find yourself looking for the discount coupons on threads discussing dive locations.

You know you are getting to be an advanced beginner if you realize ScubaBoard is the place to gain insight into your beloved sport of diving.

I remeber the thing that confused me the most were people talking about gear configurations without pictures such as routing long hoses, and I could never figure out what people were using sugrical tubing for or old bike tires, at least not without a photo. But now it all makes good sense when they're talking about it.

Since on a lot of the above mentioned thread I was shaking my head up and down, I guess I'm a new diver too. However, a good diver is always learning ....OR too stuck on themselves to realize they should still be learning.....

You know you're a beginner when you have a puzzled expression on your face as you wonder, "What's this DIR stuff?" :D

....I love these type of jokes...

you know you are a redneck...I mean begineer when you think completing your 10th dive means you have crossed some way important milestone..

when you think breathing Nitrox will turn you into superman underwater...

when you throw your mask in the "camera only" bucket on the boat....:no

yeah I mean c'mon everyone knows you're not superman until your on Helium

You know you're a smart diver when you can freely admit that you have a lot to learn and are willing to listen and learn from people who may know more.

When, after a couple of hundred dives, you try to jump off the boat without your fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom