You know you are a beginner when...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know you are a beginner when you repeatedly try to descend with your snorkel still in your mouth... can't believe how many times I did that :)

WesTexDiver:
DIR = Did I Remind you that I am DIR yet today? I say wear your badges and be proud all ye hogs of the sea.

HAHA, you are completely wrong, those jokers wouldn't set foot in the sea. They are mostly pool divers...

TSandM:
You know you're a beginner when you have a puzzled expression on your face as you wonder, "What's this DIR stuff?" :D

us older people know that DIR is a DOS command for pulling up the directory. as it relates to diving is a mystery to me.

You know you are a beginning diver when you jump in the water with your drysuit partially unzipped. Not that I've ever done that of course...

Carribeandiver:
us older people know that DIR is a DOS command for pulling up the directory. as it relates to diving is a mystery to me.

That awesome!:rofl3: I completely just had a DOS relapse...:D

Carribeandiver:
Now that my friend, is both funny and a 100% truism!

You know your a new diver when you don't have your weight belt adjusted quite right and watch it make a 60' descent without you after jumping off the boat. :)

OMG does this bring back memories. Like what in the world is EAN? I used to PM posters to ask them what that stuff meant so I wouldn't look like too much of an idiot publicly.

Carribeandiver:
Hey let's not exclude us young guys from loving Command Line Interfaces... I love em although I use unix more then dos i like em both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom