You know you're a diver when....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you jump in water to go swimming and inhale because you forget you don't have a reg in (True story).
When you switch your meals out to Taco Bell so you can save more money for dive gear (True story, I eat there 3 days a week).
When you and your wife use dive signals at the surface (We thumb-it when a location gets boring and we want to leave. We use that pat-head for long-distance "ok").
When your coworker gives you a thumbs-up and you immediately feel anxious because you don't know what's wrong. (Sadly, true story about 3x per week).
When you start clipping off everything you own because it's a force of habit (Also true, cave diving had me clipping off a loop with christmas ornaments on it while on a ladder).

When..... You tell your family they better learn how to dive, if they want to see you on the weekends.

That's why my ex-wife learned to dive. We've been divorced for 10 years now ... but we still dive together ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

When you're viewing temples in SE Asia and thinking "I wish this was all flooded- would make a great dive site".

... in your neck of the woods that wouldn't take much ... I think the highest point in the Maldives is the speed bump at the airport ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

When your wife wants to buy something or go somewhere non-diving related and you calculate the equivalent cost in dives.

You approach your front steps and inhale deeply to float over them instead of climbing...

... in your neck of the woods that wouldn't take much ... I think the highest point in the Maldives is the speed bump at the airport ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

TBH I wouldn't mind if Male was flooded... but for different reasons- I'm not a fan. Noisy, polluted and expensive- much like a 'normal' city but without alcohol and its subsequent hijinks. But I'm kinda stuck here for the next 10 days or so. Then I'm out with a new job in Indonesia in the new year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom