Your dream scuba trip around the world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leaving and Returning to SFO:

1. Galapagos – live-aboard
2. Dominica – land based
3. Maldives – land based
4. Maldives- - live-aboard
5. Indonesia – Alor land
6. Indonesia – Lembeh land
7. Indonesia – Raja Ampat live-aboard
8. Fiji –Somosomo Straight (land)
9. Fiji –Astrolabe Reef (land)
10. Kona – (land)

Bizarre question but sure. I will play ...

Stop over 1: Galapagos via liveaboard.

Stop over 2: Iceland

Stop Over 3: Greenland.

Stop Over 4: Normandy wrecks through UK

Stop Over 5: Red Sea Via liveaboard.

Stop Over 6: South Africa

Stop Over 7: Maldives

Stop Over 8: Komodo

Stop Over 9: PNG

Stop Over 10: Browning Pass BC.

Something like that. Makes sense?

Cool thread.

If you're considering the Red Sea then forget about Sharm or Dahab and look into a liveabaord. Either in Egypt's Deep South or for even more adventure... Sudan's Deep South - Suakin Islands, which IMHO is hands down the most amazing and pristine diving the Red Sea has to offer.

Would then move East onto

Sipidan - Malaysia
Raja Ampat - Indonesia
Palau - Micronesia
Galapagos Islands - Ecuador

Mine are listed for places I have never dived, assuming a private jet is available for transport as airline connections with always traveling east may not be available. However 10 places are not enough.

So departing Dubai to;

1. Sri Lanka - diving wrecks off Colombo and the east coast to dive HMS Hermes

2. West coast of Sumatra (Cubadak - as recommended by Wingy)

3. Ningaloo, west coast of Oz

4. Raja Ampat, Indonesia

5. Okinawa (for some special nudibranchs)

6. Chuuk (Truk Lagoon)

7. Papua New Guinea (WWII wrecks)

8. Sydney, east coast of Oz (to dive with some special people)

9. Easter Island - dive the underwater city

10 - Silfra, Iceland for some amazing visibility before I return to 2-5M vis in UAE, but at least appreciate the warmer waters

I like everyone's List. Mine:

1. Cuba as soon as we can go, because I've never been
2. Cayman Islands
3. Bonaire
4. Red Sea
5. Maldives
6.Thailand
7. Great Barrier reef
8. Fiji
9. Maui/Kona
10. Channel Islands kelp forests with the sea lions. ( my only cold water stop )

However, I am flexible, if any poster wants to take me along on their itinerary, I will be happy to follow their list!
DivemasterDennis

1. submersible trip to the Titanic - because this is a "dream" trip
2. United Kingdom - wreck diving
3. Red sea - because I have heard a lot about the diving there
4.Turtle Tomb, Sipadan Island - cave diving
5. Chuuk - about 2 weeks of wreck diving
6. Bikini Atoll - about 2 weeks of wreck diving
7. Marshall islands - wreck diving
8. Galapagos Island - shark diving
9. Isla Guadalupe - Great White shark diving
10. Mexico - cave diving

So we can only travel east? ok..

1. Rangiroa and Fakarava
2. Rapanuii to find the underwater city this time
3. Fernando Del Noronha
4. Cocos
5. Galapagos
6. Silfra
7. Norway
8. Maldives
9. Mayotte/Comoros
10. Madagascar
11. Mafia
12. Reunion

Added in a couple more than ten because of distance and direction :wink: Searcraigh you best be picking me up on that trip to my old stomping ground at Ningaloo too btw :)

Choiahoy’s dream trip departing from New York City -

1 - Bonaire – It is just a tiny bit east of NYC, so it’s fair game. We’ve been there twice in two years and love everything about that island.

2 - Malta – It’s on the list mainly because I just couldn’t justify passing over the entire continent of Europe. And I’m a sucker for ancient ruins. But I could see this stop getting bumped.

3 - Red Sea – Considering Sharm El Sheikh or maybe Dahab. Open to suggestions.

4 - Maldives – has been a long time dream.

5 - Indonesia – maybe Bali? Or a liveaboard? We haven’t done a liveaboard before and this might be a good place for our first.

6 – Phillipines – considering Cebu Island or perhaps a liveaboard?

7 – Palau – the pictures I see are jaw dropping. No way this one gets bumped.

8 - Hawaii – I have to visit my mom on this trip or she’d kick my ass. And we love every one of the islands, above and below water. It was a trip to Hawaii that made us decide to become divers.

9 - Galapagos – see number 4

10 - Mexico – I’m kind of cheating by lumping Cozumel and the Riviera Maya into one, but you possibly could do both in a week. We fell in love with diving the cenotes the last time we were there.

Maybe Malta gets bumped for Chuuk, the Great Barrier Reef, or Cocos Islands. Or Thailand or Fiji. Truly too many places.

Looking forward to reading your lists.

My dream trip.

starting in the Netherlands:

1) The Britannic. It's a bit on the deep side but I have the skills to dive her if we could !#%!%!$ get permission.

2) Lake Malawi. I'd like to go back. In terms of aquarium fishes Cichlides are the king of the fresh water aquarium fishes and they are only native to this one lake. I've dived there before in about 1989 and I'd LOVE to go back (loved East Africa too)

3) The Red Sea. I've been there many times before and I'll go there many times again. God's aquarium. It MUST be on everyone's list.

4) The Maldives. I've never seen a whale shark or a manta ray. The closest I came to seeing a whale shark was two guys in Egypt (newbie divers) who said they saw an enormous fish where we had been diving about 20 min before. They had a camera and took some pictures to see if someone could identify it.....FFFFFUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK....... I would need to spend at least a season there.....

5) The Philippines. When I was younger my dive fantasy was to get lost in the Philippines on a sail boat and never come back. It still is.

6) The great barrier reef. Enough said.

7) Antarctica. The seals, the penguins, the ecosystem untainted by humans.

8) British Columbia. The west coast of Canada has some of the best cold water diving in the world. Full stop. GPO's, Wolf eels.... seals, a complete cornucopia of biodiversity and *literally* anywhere you flop overboard is a good dive!

9) The Yucatan. This includes the Gulf but also the Centoes and (gasp) the caves. I've never dived in a cave but there is one place in the world that could entice me enough to take a cave course it would be Akumal, for reasons of diving but also since the geological history of the area IS the history of Earth. The end of the dinosaurs and the beginning of the era that lead to mammals and humans. How could someone look at that without feeling impressed.

10) Iceland. A land forged from the belly of the earth and blessed with the best visibility on the plant. What diver wouldn't want to look up and clearly see the surface from 60m? There isn't much to see there under water (which explains the visibility) but as a diving experience I would like once in my life (and as someone at the end of their fantasy tour about to return to the turbid waters of the Netherlands) to have literally unlimited visibility.

R..

In terms of aquarium fishes Cichlides are the king of the fresh water aquarium fishes and they are only native to this one lake.

Not entirely accurate. Some come from Lake Tanganyika, another African lake, and some are from elsewhere, such as Central and South America.

I used to be into fish a little.

Richard.

Back
Top Bottom