Your Favorite Cave Dive In Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hole in the Wall on the Mill Pond is definitely up there for me. But Madison is very nice and you can't beat scootering in JB through the Middle Grounds. PIII is very nice. Yeah... kind of hard to nail down just one.

My top 5 in order: Indian, Sullivan, Rose, Diepolder 2, Twin Dees.

But I love Ginnie because it's 30 minutes from my door and I can dive it any time I like.

Then 6-10 are probably:

Madison, Diepolder 3, Ginnie, Eagles Nest, and believe it or not, Manatee when the flow is down and it's clear.

It's been a few years since I was down there, so I'm going off of old (meaning me) memories ...

Hole in the Wall - I love dropping down the chimney to the gold line and heading ... oh, I believe it would be downstream ... the one with the rock that looks like a stylized E. Lots of big rooms and grand views.

Jackson Blue - always enjoyed the trip up to King's Canyon.

Madison Blue - the Rabbit Hole, the Godzilla Room ... I remember as a new cave diver experiencing the Half-Hitch for the first time. I told my dive buddy I didn't need to do that again. He rolled his eyes to the sky and said "Forgive him Lord, for he knows not what he says". After a bit more experience, I came to understand why he said it.

Bozell - went there on the week that I took my sidemount class. Mostly what I loved about that cave was the tight turns and odd angles we sometimes had to take ... and the fact that for a Florida cave it didn't seem to have a lot of flow (maybe I just hit it on a good day)

Peacock - always enjoyed the trip from Orange Grove to Challenge and back ... nice and relaxing dive

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It's the one with the rock that looks like a stylized E.

We called that the Sigma formation since it resembles the sigma. Line used to be run around away from it, and when relined, someone wrapped line around it, which I thought was counter-intuitive, since line get pulled on, it saws into limestone-no more formation.

Ginnie for me. Ginnie offers so many varying environments. You can go to 60 feet or 100 feet, low flow, no flow or high flow, silty bottoms, clay bottoms or hard rock bottoms, huge passageways, medium passageways and small passageways. All within reach of recreational cave divers.

Madison would be number 1, rocky horror, the well, courtyard etc... Maddachalk in the Chipola would be 2nd. Ebro and Bozell are up there too but I've yet to see them in "great" vis however most would argue about my definition of "great" vis. Isn't Indian diveable with a guide?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom