Your favorite Christmas tunes...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Li'l38

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
As you know, radio stations don't waste any time getting holiday music on the air. Some people think it's too much, too soon. I can understand how they feel. I truly love music of all types, even Christmas songs. Believe it or not, I own a few Christmas music CD's. But I mostly bought them for one or two songs. I don't have anything I could play straight through, so I'm gonna make one!

Now, there are those few songs that you can only stand to hear once (if that) each year. I don't want to get flamed, so I won't list 'em here. (hey, it could happen!) :11:

There are the classics, covered by many artists. Some of which are particularly great. The David Bowie/ Bing Crosby version of The Little Drummer Boy is one of my all-time favs. I'm pretty sure Bing's version of White Christmas holds the honor of #1 of all time. Merle Haggard does an exceptional job with Silver Bells. Elvis with Blue Christmas. Martina McBride is awesome on Silent Night. Sleigh Ride with the beautiful voice of Karen Carpenter. Santa Claus is Coming to Town by none other than "The Boss" Bruce Springsteen, is played by many stations of different genre. I also think the original version of Rudolph by Gene Autrey hasn't ever been done better. Oh yeah, Burle Ives does .....um.....gosh, he's got a couple but the titles escape me at the moment. I know I'm forgettin' a bunch more. Hopefully, ya'll will list 'em.

Newer (basically non-classics) songs I like are, It's a Wonderful Life by Trisha Yearwood and Vince Gill. The Judds, Let's Make a Baby King. Kenny Chesney's got several good ones. Can't leave out Jeff Foxworthy's 12 Gifts of Redneck Christmas (that's not the correct title but ya'll know it) Then there's Garth...'nuff said. As you can see, I listen to a whole lot of country music- I just love it. <insertheartbeatsmiliehere>

There's also quite a few that can bring on the tears. The Christmas Shoes comes to mind but I'm not sure of the artist. Yeah, really makes you appreciate what you have. (Thank You God!)

So, I'm asking my fellow SBers to tell me your favs. Any/all holiday tunes, doesn't have to be specific to Christmas. List as many as you like. Please include the artist, if known. I'd also like some input from other countries here. Maybe list your traditional songs. :flag: This could be cool! Doesn't matter if it's jazz, orchestra, big band, rock, punk, mellow, metal, blues, rap, alternative, pop, hip hop or whatever. I like listening to all genres of music, I just know more about country than the others. Go ahead and post the "once-a-year" is enough, or if ya have any you absolutely can't stand to hear...:11: (this could get ugly!)

I'd also like to take this opportunity to say to all the members of ScubaBoard :xmas_2: "Merry Christmas Ya'll and Happy New Year, too!"

I really like the classic Christmas songs, the madrigal type ones. I also like the Mannheim Steamroller versions of Silent Night and O Holy Night.

"The 7 O'Clock News" - Simon and Garfunkel

Li'l38:
So, I'm asking my fellow SBers to tell me your favs. Any/all holiday tunes, doesn't have to be specific to Christmas. List as many as you like. Please include the artist, if known. I'd also like some input from other countries here. Maybe list your traditional songs. :flag: This could be cool! Doesn't matter if it's jazz, orchestra, big band, rock, punk, mellow, metal, blues, rap, alternative, pop, hip hop or whatever. I like listening to all genres of music, I just know more about country than the others. Go ahead and post the "once-a-year" is enough, or if ya have any you absolutely can't stand to hear...:11: (this could get ugly!)

I'd also like to take this opportunity to say to all the members of ScubaBoard :xmas_2: "Merry Christmas Ya'll and Happy New Year, too!"

My favorite Xmas song....has to be the David Bowie/Bing Crosby "little Drummer Boy". It's a wonderful song that still brings a tear to my eye. Another favorite is Manheim Steamroller's "Silent Night", Bob & Doug McKenzie's "12 Days of Xmas", Cheech & Chong's "Xmas story" and Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "Christmas Eve in Sarajevo"
A Holiday song I hate, and change the station when it comes on is "The 12 things at Xmas I really hate to see"..... uuughhhh 'nuff said.
Happy holidays to all my fellow SB'ers
C-Dawg

Favorites
Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Old City Bar, A Mad Russian's Christmas and An Angel Came Down
Loretta Lynn - Christmas Without Daddy
The David Bowie/ Bing Crosby version of The Little Drummer Boy
Bing Crosby White Christmas
Rudolf
Frosty the Snowman

Lets see.. Christmas in Dxie, (Alabama) Little St. nick (beach boys) When a child is born ( bing crosby) Silent nite (Lorrie Lane) Tough NOT to like any the old stuff!

Holly Jolly Christmas is my all time favorite christmas song

I like the classics but collect "off the wall" like Twisted Christmas and Dr. Demento.

Gotta love "I'm dressing up like Santa when I get out on parole!"

Love all the 'oldies"!!

Back
Top Bottom