Your favourite Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Mares X vision in clear silicone with the clear plastic bexel. Fits great, love it. Only used it in a pool so far. For my "modern" activities I love it.
My second favorite is another silicone Dacor mask with a single lens and blue bezel, kinda square shaped., forget what they call it.
For my vintage diving I use a Voit 6 inch oval blue neoprene mask or my old Dacor 6 inch oval. Both are neoprene. The old Voit is very low volume, fits great, it is a beautiful blue color with embossed skin like feel on the rubber--a pebble texture--chrome ring bezel with tension screw, soft and pliable after nearly 30 years. A modern silicone or neoprene version of this mask in authentic blue and yellow would be great. The old ovals clear easier than virtually any other mask. N

Whatever fits. I'm amazed to see so many x-vision fans. I'm loving mine too, but up here in BC, Canada, I don't think I've seen another person wearing one. Everyone up here wears cressi big eyes or horizon. Oh, and black skirt for sure to avoid light coming in the sides of mask. I'd have bought the big eyes, but it didnt fit my face.

My personal favorite is my Tusa Visualator -- which has gone missing somewhere in my house since my last dive, dammit. My backup is an Oceanic Shadow, also very nice but not quite as much field of vision. I tried the Mares X-Vision and really wanted it to work, but it just didn't fit me right.

I need the ground-in -2.0 gauge readers in the SeaVision masks. Can't read my gauges at night without it.

Cressi Big Eyes mask :eek:)

If you have a big nose Technisub Ventura or Technisub Look are a good choice.

Cressi Matrix..very nice.

I owned a Mares X-Vision. Excellent choice indeed. Mares also make prescriptive lenses for X-Vision too. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom