Your First Car....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

'72 beetle...with a big double stripe down the centre and a "Porshe Eater" sign on the sides.

Man...what a fun car...we certainly were well known around town.

Have fun Kayla!

1969 Plymouth Roadrunner.
383cid, 4bbl, headers, dual exhaust, 1000 lbs less than factory.

Do yourself a favor, start with a used car.
A larger, non sports car, that won't be flattened by a navigator.

General tips:
If you see another car with it's directional on, it doesn't mean that they will actually slow down and turn.
If you are coming up on a red light as its turning green, especially noticeable at night, watch out for the guy who is running the red the other way aiming for your door. (usually in a navigator or lexus.)
If you see a driver wearing a hat with the brim all the way around or a baseball cap on backwards step on the brake, you are about to be cut off.
When you see a guy in front of you checking his mirrors, its really easy to see the head tilt, he's about to change lanes.

74 Chevy Impala..Ol'blue we called'er. Best mid sized sedan ever to be used as a pick up truck !
Be safe out there and remember that driving is a privlige not a right.

When I was younger I had a friend with a 73 impala and another with a 73 caprice classic. Now those were perfect first cars.
Tanks with lots of room for your friends.

dnhill once bubbled...
1966 Olds Starfire:

- 425 cubic inch "Rocket" V-8

- Would smoke the tires

- Back seat was like a couch on wheels

I identify with that! Mine was a '67 Pontiac Le Mans, the guys LOVED the engine!

Silver with a black Vinyl roof!

I sold it to someone who turned it into a low-rider! I wish I still had it!

sapphire

sapphire once bubbled...

Mine was a '67 Pontiac Le Mans, the guys LOVED the engine!
Yeah! I'm sure that's why they were hanging around--the engine :rolleyes:!

First car I drove: a '64 Chevvy Impala SuperSport.

First car I owned: a 1970 Mustang Grandee (white with black vinyl roof, high back seats with a red and black hounds-tooth check interior). Oh did I love that car!

1972 Super Beetle, semi-automatic, bright yellow.
I wish I still had that car. :mean:

'74 Datsun B-210

Juls64 once bubbled...
I'm not that old, just the car was.

Actually, we just got my 16 year old son his first set of wheels. I think of it as his first scubamobile. A '94 Dodge Dakota with the extended cab and a cap on the back.

Have fun driving Kayla. Be Safe!

Juls

If you have a sixteen yr old son and are not as old as your 1974 car, you were 13 (or younger) when your son was born.

LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom