Your new year diving resolutions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depths Unlimited

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Greetings everyone! The year is coming to an end and I wanted to know what are every ones diving resolutions for 2023? Exciting trips, courses and training, new gear?

I hadn't put much thought into resolutions yet, but I'll give it a swag:
1. I'm only three Trimix Dives away from completing my Tec Trimix Instructor rating, so that's on the list.
2. Dive in a new country (we do that every year though).
3. More local diving. *I spend way too much money flying to Florida and the Caribbean when there are perfectly good dive sights in/around Virginia that I haven't tried.

What's on your list @Depths Unlimited ?

I don't do new-years resolutions. Well, except one that I fail at every year. Promising to not make a new-years resolution next year.

I keep iteratively improving my craft, whether that's improvements on redundancy, skill, knowledge, etc, so I'm not sure what resolutions I would make for diving, even if I made resolutions.

I hadn't put much thought into resolutions yet, but I'll give it a swag:
1. I'm only three Trimix Dives away from completing my Tec Trimix Instructor rating, so that's on the list.
2. Dive in a new country (we do that every year though).
3. More local diving. *I spend way too much money flying to Florida and the Caribbean when there are perfectly good dive sights in/around Virginia that I haven't tried.

What's on your list @Depths Unlimited ?

1) I would love to join you on your Trimix dives.
3) Correct. If you are up for some NC diving (rec and tech) then let me know.

I don't do new-years resolutions. Well, except one that I fail at every year. Promising to not make a new-years resolution next year.

I keep iteratively improving my craft, whether that's improvements on redundancy, skill, knowledge, etc, so I'm not sure what resolutions I would make for diving, even if I made resolutions.
So, you're saying your resolution is to make no more resolutions? :D

So, you're saying your resolution is to make no more resolutions? :D
Well, yes. I've made the same resolution every year for the last 20-or-so years, and it all goes so well until about Dec 31st.

• Funny
Reactions: L13

Back
Top Bottom