Your order please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I would go research diving on the university boats I would always bring leftovers from the night before, hot chocolate or decaf coffee in a thermos, and some chips/cookies/crackers. My buddy would bring one of his bagel sandwhiches and some more chips or cookies. Then we'd feast in between dives. I always liked bringing hot chocolate to warm up between dives. The wet hand in the food thing happened a bit but everything on the boat was wet so it was hard not to do.

Have you ever had Halva? It is made from ground sesame seeds and honey. I'm having a major craving.

After skidiving Saturday I was driving home with a bottle of water. I had to stop at a store and they had one of those bowls of complimentary hard candy. With the salt still on my pallet that single hard piece of sweetness was one of the best candies I ever enjoyed. Gotta get some hard candy for the dive bag before I hit the salt water again!

I bet M&Ms & rasins would go down good too.

Pete

spectrum:
After skidiving Saturday...

That sounds painful :11:

As far as the original topic, I like anything that gets rid of dry mouth, like water and juicy fruit.

Kriterian:
That sounds painful :11:

As far as the original topic, I like anything that gets rid of dry mouth, like water and juicy fruit.

Originally Posted by spectrum
After skidiving Saturday...

ROTFLMAO, I needed that, Good night. :voskl1:

Pete

Scuba_Jenny:
pineapple (cut with a titaninum pineapple knife, LOL)

although it is a bit of a challenge to keep Simbrooks sober and away from the
knife... but we do manage...

SeanQ:
Have you ever had Halva? It is made from ground sesame seeds and honey. I'm having a major craving.
That sounds delicious. Got a recipe?

I too really like the hard candy post dive. I was offered Jolly Ranchers....I must say I usually turn those down, but they were the bomb. :grin:

I'm packin' 'em on my next trip.

SeanQ:
SO AM I!!!

Halva cant really be made at home.... its a bar, it looks like a candy bar. As far as i know, you can only get it in Israel... I was there 3 weeks ago, and now Im craving it!!!!

halva sounds like the Spanish "turron," but that is made of almonds and honey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom