Your order please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pennypue:
That sounds delicious. Got a recipe?

I too really like the hard candy post dive. I was offered Jolly Ranchers....I must say I usually turn those down, but they were the bomb. :grin:

I'm packin' 'em on my next trip.

Here is a recipe :D

Opps! another one....google it till you find one you like :wink:

You can get Halvah at just about any supermarket grocery store in the US. You don't even need a local ethnic population. It is probably not as good as what you can get over there, though.

How can you beat a bowl of ice cold watermelon...seeds out of course...........it goes great with saltwater. And hydrates at the same time..

Halva, mmmmm.......grocery store.......(I'm lazy) :crafty:

We take two thermoses, one is full of hot water which you pour in your gloves and hood before you put them on. The other is hot chicken noodle soup for after diving. Did I mention that's it's cold up here?

The boat I usually dive on has animal crackers and pretzels. Last dive they added chedder goldfish... what a treat. They have fruit too. That is just perfect for me.

Fresh pineapple is my favorite, second is watermelon. We always take a bag of Jolly Ranchers or other hard candy. Those mini Tootsie Pops are good, too.

I have yet to stay on a liveaboard but whenever I travel I always carry a few protein bars (real ones, not the ones that might as well be candy bars) and a big baggie of mixed nuts.

I take an empty water bottle filled with "white cranberry with apple" juice in it; throw that in the ice chest and while everyone else is sipping their plain 'ol water, I have a nice spot of juice. Some of the boats I've been on haver ginger snaps for in-between dive snacks.

Fruit is a major favorite for pre- and post-dive eating.

Back
Top Bottom