Zeagle air 2 issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firstdive2005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi- I have been keeping up skills in the pool. Last night when doing a buddie share, my air 2 tried to drowned me. When I placed it in my mouth water and air was inhaled. I'm just gratefull it was test. I will take it in to my lds. It has one trip to the ocean and 15 pool dives. I am not writing this to rip Zeagle, just wanted to know if this is common. I am worried now and may go back to oct. thanks for the input. kevin

Go back to your octo.
This is nothing new, I bought one some time ago to make thing lighter when I fish and hate it so much it's been in a plastic for years.

My family and been divin with Zeagles (BC, reg. etc.) for a long time and love them but I have to agree with you on this! A nice pc. of diving equipment that will leave you disappointed.

octo+ or octo-z?
I have the octo z and it hasn't missed a beat

Stupid question... did you purge it first? I saw someone recently with an octo-z (or air 2) switch to it and just breathe in. Not pretty.

Nothing happened in this incident that could not have happened with a standard octo.

I've been using an Octo Z on my BC for months now. On each dive trip, I make it a point to switch over to the Octo Z during at least one dive. Never had any problem with it. No, it doesn't breathe nearly as smooth as my Proton and the combination of the LP hose and the corrugated hose makes it stiff, but it still delivers air when I need it.

Sounds to me like it wasn't purged.

-Charles

Hi Thank-you for the replies. I took the bc/air 2 to my LDS he pulled it apart in front of me, the bladder has somehow crimped. It is one yr old with maybe 15 salt dives and 20 pool dives. Yes, thanks for asking, I did purge, lots. I am very worried about this. I will switch back to Zeagle Oct today. Chokes me up, 150$ lesson. I should have polled the unit to see how well they worked first. Now I hear all this crap about them. So i have one for sale.

What crap about them? All you've heard here is from people who hate ALL octo inflators.

There's nothing wrong with the Octo-Z. Yours could be easily repaired.

-Charles

firstdive

What you really need to be worried about is that you seem to have little undetrstanding what the true source of you problem was. Troubleshooting the problem you describe is not difficult. What did you LDS "pull apart"? When you say the "bladder" was crimped, do you mean the exhaust valve was crimped? Bladder crimped makes no sense in relation to the problem you describe but exhaust valve crimped is a very likely cause that can happen with any regulator. The Zeagle octo probably uses the exact same exhaust valve as your octo/inflator (as likely does you primary), although the covers which may help prevent such a problem are different. I suggest you better understand what can cause that problem and how to deal with it rather than wasting money on questionable solutions. I would hope someone from Zeagle will jump in shortly.

Hi Thank-you for the replies. I took the bc/air 2 to my LDS he pulled it apart in front of me, the bladder has somehow crimped. It is one yr old with maybe 15 salt dives and 20 pool dives. Yes, thanks for asking, I did purge, lots. I am very worried about this. I will switch back to Zeagle Oct today. Chokes me up, 150$ lesson. I should have polled the unit to see how well they worked first. Now I hear all this crap about them. So i have one for sale.

Ok, help me understand what you are talking about here...

1. We don't make an "air-2" so your title is flawed.

2. If you mean the Octo-Z, which we do make, it has only been on the market since June, so it can't be one year old. Was it maybe an Octo+, which was made by Apeks?

3. There is no bladder in any of those units, so you lost me completely on that one.

4. Where can I find "all this crap" that you have heard about them (whatever the "them" is...)

If you actually do have a Zeagle product, and have a problem with it, we would be happy to take a look at it and see what the issue is, just call customer service @ 813-782-5568 to get an RA# and send it in!

Thanks,

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom