Zeagle air 2 issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank-you for the reply. My LDS manager did not tighten it, he took it apart as soon as I handed the bc to him. And yes I did not do a vacuum check with it. I do know to do that now. I have switched back to inflator. My regs have been adjusted to 5ft and necklace. I am very confident with this setup, but if I go back then I will use the new Oct-Z. thanks for all the help. kev

I'm sure you will like the long hose and bungeed octo. Your primary should be more comfortable with the hose pull eliminated and a conventional oct on a necklace gives you so many more performance and configuration options.

Sell the octo+ and grab yourself an octo-z and keep your five foot primary
same setup i was using (until i decided i wanted to do gue-f) and it's fantastic.

Sell the octo+ and grab yourself an octo-z and keep your five foot primary
same setup i was using (until i decided i wanted to do gue-f) and it's fantastic.

Thanks for the idea Steve. Right now I really like this setup. Also I like the performance of my Zeagle zx octo. I am sure that the Oct z is a great unit but will it perform like a real octo. I guess they are but the previous one was not performance oriented. kev

if you're happy with the bungied backup then why change?
if you want one less hose and and more minimal rig, then grab an octo-z
you can't tune the octo-z like you can the ZX, but the octo-z breathes bloody well (much better than i expected it was going too) and is really comfortable
Plus the added bonus of being able to screw it off and store it with your regs is pretty choice

Go back to page 2 and have a look at 'divetubs' post. he's used it at 70m and is happy with it, plus he's keeping it on his rebreather setup... speaks volumes :wink:

thanks DS, I'm off to Cozumel for three weeks this Friday so maybe someone will have the Oct z that I can try at depth. I appreciate the experiences you guys have had with it. kev

thanks DS, I'm off to Cozumel for three weeks this Friday so maybe someone will have the Oct z that I can try at depth. I appreciate the experiences you guys have had with it. kev

I have an Octo-Z and would love to dive at Cozumel. Send me the airfare, and I'll be there. You can try my Octo-Z all you want.

I have an Octo-Z and would love to dive at Cozumel. Send me the airfare, and I'll be there. You can try my Octo-Z all you want.

Could be a tad cold, I'm taking my 18 yr old daughter with me and she's expensive, so I can only afford excess baggage fare for you.:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom