Zeagle air 2 issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi-Thanks for the reply, your right I am not knowledgeable in repair of these units. On the Zeagle air2 there is a round yellow end or purge end. That was screwed of first, inside is a rubber bladder/valve. I dont know the correct name. It is crimped on the edge. The valve is approx. 2 inches round with a smaller round doamahickey on top of it. Funny thing to me is, when I first tried it out I absolutely hated to feel of it. The performance was not at all like the Oct. Also it was letting in a little water when I first got it and I thought that was normal. Just now did it start to flood with use.

Wow I guess I better look at things better. Ok it says oct+ plus on it. There is a Zeagle sticker on it. The end is black all the rest of what I saw is the same.

Also I am sorry about sounding off about Zeagle, I love my Envoy regs. They are amazing. So it is the guys around here that are dissing the rig (oct+). I should have worded things differently. Your service has been great. This thing I dont like.(oct+)

You have the Octo+, which was made by Apeks and disributed by us.

Sounds like the diaphragm got crimped, which will allow water in. It happens on normal octopus units as well, from time to time.

No apologies needed - the unit failed you and it needs to be fixed....your posts were just a bit confusing and your wording was off, that's all.

For the record, I believe that our new Octo-Z is a superior product to the Octo+ and I have heard some negative things about the Octo+ as well, which is one reason why we decided to produce our own!

Let me know if I can help you further.

Scott

Anybody want a repaired Oct+, 100$us +delivery from Canada. It has a zeagle sticker on it.

I have an octo+ with hundreds of dives on it with no trouble. A diaphram that was folded would be a problem. Stuff happens, but it is an easy fix.

We had a fair amount of troubles with the Apeks built Zeagle Octo+, mostly based around the purge covers coming loose and falling off and also the crimping problem of the diaphragm we see in this thread.

In saying the Octo+ is still a nice bit of kit and really nothing wrong with it, just takes a little more pre and post dive care then the new OctoZ
I dived one for many years before the OctoZ came out , aware of the few bugs in the system just means checking it before every dive, as you should really be doing with every piece of kit anyway.

The new Zeagle Octo-Z is a great new piece of kit, I have over 100 dives with mine now and it has just not missed a beat, down to 240ft/70m the work of breathing is first class.

It will be staying as a permanent feature on the Breather.

Cheers
Chris

Is there any way one can experience a crimped diaphran other than someone tightening the diaphram cover without insuring the diaphram is correctly positioned? Off course, if the diaphram cover tends to loosen on its own, the opportunity for a tightening error is created by a design problem. You sould be doing a vacuum check on your rig routinely. That would detect this and many similat problems that could result in your receiving a mouth full of water rather than gas.

Is there any way one can experience a crimped diaphran other than someone tightening the diaphram cover without insuring the diaphram is correctly positioned? Off course, if the diaphram cover tends to loosen on its own, the opportunity for a tightening error is created by a design problem. You sould be doing a vacuum check on your rig routinely. That would detect this and many similat problems that could result in your receiving a mouth full of water rather than gas.
Thank-you for the reply. My LDS manager did not tighten it, he took it apart as soon as I handed the bc to him. And yes I did not do a vacuum check with it. I do know to do that now. I have switched back to inflator. My regs have been adjusted to 5ft and necklace. I am very confident with this setup, but if I go back then I will use the new Oct-Z. thanks for all the help. kev

Back
Top Bottom