Zeagle Ranger fit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave,

Rear weights are mostly a surface trim issue, for any BC. A diver with an nearly empty std. 80 alum. will have unwanted + tank buoyancy.

If you were warm water diving, with as little weight as possible, I doubt it would matter much at depth, if they were all in the side hip pockets or if 4 lbs of it was in in the rear pockets. (I agree, don't add weight, just move it around.)

In the early 70's when back mount BCs first debuted, all the weight was in the back, so it often rolled divers until they mastered their balance. I think balance underwater is more an issue of feeling it and responding, than exact trim placement, unless overweighted... then all bets are off!

Glad you liked the regulator!

Chad

Chad Carney:
Dave,

Rear weights are mostly a surface trim issue, for any BC. A diver with an nearly empty std. 80 alum. will have unwanted + tank buoyancy.

If you were warm water diving, with as little weight as possible, I doubt it would matter much at depth, if they were all in the side hip pockets or if 4 lbs of it was in in the rear pockets. (I agree, don't add weight, just move it around.)

In the early 70's when back mount BCs first debuted, all the weight was in the back, so it often rolled divers until they mastered their balance. I think balance underwater is more an issue of feeling it and responding, than exact trim placement, unless overweighted... then all bets are off!

Glad you liked the regulator!

Chad

Good enough Chad I will take it from here. Thanks!
I will try this out in Yap at the end of the month :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom