Divers Skull Caps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Texas Lone Star dorag, one Marines, and another something. Think I paid around $5 each. Good for keeping plankton out of your hair and the after dive wind off of it - or covering a bald head, but I still always have a duckbill cap or floppy hat to wear on the boat. Still seems funny to this old farmboy that city people go outside bareheaded - especially on a dive boat. :11:

jemima_before.jpg
Mmmm.... pancakes.

Cressi-sub makes two beanies for diving, one lycra and the other polyester. Pinnacle makes a very light beany type cap, with a velcro chin strap. The Cressi beanies have to be secured by the mask strap. Tucking them under the mask itself may cause a leak. They are best used for long periods of snorkeling, or stored in a pocket and pulled on when you surface after scuba. Leisurepro sells all three, as do other large operations. Henderson makes a nice microprene hood that is super thin and stretchy. There are also lycra full hoods available.

Cloth Bandannas are not made for water use, and don't really do the job. A swimmer's cap made of light material, or the Henderson are probably best for what you want. I carry a polyester Cressi beany in my bc, and use it if i'm going to be floating around for a while in the hot tropic sun after a dive. They fit easily, are well made, are effective for the purpose you intend. About $10.

Why would you want to look like an Aunt Jemima Syrup bottle?:mooner:

What would be wrong with that? A bright doo-rag = a bit of individual flavor. Ohh, I get it now. It's syrup, not kool-aid. :mooner:

Back
Top Bottom