What do you keep in your "Save a Dive" kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnyscience

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Title says it all, what do you keep in yours? Looking for some tips and help putting mine together.

What tools, hoses, sea sickness pills etc?

DIN to Yoke
Yoke to DIN
copy of cert card
copy of DAN card
copy of drivers license
Yoke O rings
DIN O rings
four 5 dollar bills
tiny spare pair of reading glasses
defogger
plastic tie wraps (small and large)
cylume light stick
BIC cigarette lighter
small pocketknife
Allen wrenches for DIN adapters and regs.
I also carry a Leatherman with me as well.
Other than the Leatherman and the Yoke to DIN, I keep all the above in a small plastic waterproof Pelican case. I think a few bandaids in there would not hurt as well.

I was going to add a spare mouthpiece, as I kept biting through mine, but I ended up getting one of the moldable ones, and its impossible to bite through (so far) seems like its going to last forever. I dont like carrying a bunch of useless clutter. When I carried mask and fin straps and hoses, and all that other stuff, I found I rarely needed them, and I couldn't see the forest for the trees, and many times did not have the things I REALLY needed to save the dive. You can eliminate the need for a lot the dive saver things by making your equipment rugged. For instance, I switched out my fin straps for spring straps, switched my mask strap for a slap strap, and once over test my gear before I leave the house.

A set of gear

Last edited:
Everything that fdarden had in his list plus a small knife, mask strap, fin strap, string, sun screen, computer battery, o-rings for my HP hose and a two screw drivers. This all sounds like a lot but it fits well into a small pelican box.

Title says it all, what do you keep in yours? Looking for some tips and help putting mine together.

What tools, hoses, sea sickness pills etc?

Local dives? Nothing.

Vacation (air-travel dives)? Spare reg, spare Air-2, spare computer, spare mask.

I always carry a C-Card, a credit card and about $100 in local currency in my BC pocket. I know it sounds stupid, but sometimes transportation (boat or land) doesn't work out as intended, and there's a huge difference between being wet and hungry and having cash and credit card, and just being wet and hungry.

flots.

I do this too... but keep some $1's in there also. Sometimes you need a $1 for a drink machine or something that won't take a $5. (or some quarters).

Great point. I have ended up in that predicament. So now we switch to a 5, 3 ones, and eight quarters!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom