Aeris Atmos 2 battery problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TjRjn

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there,
I use an Aeris Atmos 2 which is about 7 yo.
Recently the battery is showing low after only 6 or so dives. I replaced it again and had not even used it and turned it on today and initially it showed low charge but then after a couple of minutes of sitting reverted to full charge. Any ideas whats going on please?
I'd take it to a service centre but as I'm in Turkey there isn't any that I know of and I'm due to go diving in Egypt in 3 weeks. :(

This is a standard issue with this model, we have 2 of them and see the same thing.

The unit was designed around the power curve of the Sony version of that battery number. Other brands do not support the load of booting up as well as will appear as depleted until the load drops and the battery rebounds. I will guess you don't have the Sony part in there now.

If you search for old posts someone actually posted all of the brand curves a few years back.

Run it as-is for 100-200 dives and meanwhile get your hands on the Sony version for the next replacement event. I had a hard time getting them locally but it's a snap to order a few online, like through Amazon.

Pete

Last edited:
This is a standard issue with this model, we have 2 of them and see the same thing.

The unit was designed around the power curve of the Sony version of that battery number. Other brands do not support the load of booting up as well as will appear as depleted until the load drops and the battery rebounds. I will guess you don't have the Sony part in there now.

If yous search for old posts someone actually posted all of the brand curves a few years back.

Run it as-is for 100-200 dives and meanwhile get you hands on the Sony version for the next replacement event. I had a hard time getting them locally but it's a snap to order a few online, like through Amazon.

Pete

Thanks so much. That's a bit of a relief.
I'll try and find the old posts and in the meantime source some sony batteries.

I have noticed that the last Sony batteries I put in both of mine are acting the same way. I make sure I have a spare, and turn on the computer while starting to gear up. The low battery warning normally stops after 5 minutes or so.

Back
Top Bottom