why not octo clipped to right d ring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i know its not dir but why? its a small distance from wearing your bungie necklace and is easy to locate near top right breast d ring?

Well, the first question to ask yourself is 'why there'?

Second question is what is closer? your left hand to your neck and mouth, or your left hand to your right d-ring and mouth? Lastly, how do you re-stow it when you switch back?

Spectre:
Well, the first question to ask yourself is 'why there'?

Second question is what is closer? your left hand to your neck and mouth, or your left hand to your right d-ring and mouth? Lastly, how do you re-stow it when you switch back?

you have a point. just been using this style since i started diving its what the iantd people taught me. now that im reading about dir i know that their method is more convenient and simple but im just so used to it. old habit die hard:)

Because on a diver doing a DIR dive there is no Octo..ergo...it can't be clipped to anything

Spectre:
Well in the other methods, are you going to it yourself, or donating it?

dont quite get your question bro?

Spoon:
dont quite get your question bro?
His question is really which reg do you give to an OOG diver. An Octopus is a regulator that is only used to donated to another diver in an OOG emergency.

With DIR you always donate the reg that is in your mouth and then you would put your "backup" in your own mouth (which is bungied around your neck).

So when you talk about an octopus (or Octo) you are confusing people about which regulator you would donate.

Clear as Mud now?

JeffG:
His question is really which reg do you give to an OOG diver. An Octopus is a regulator that is only used to donated to another diver in an OOG emergency.

With DIR you always donate the reg that is in your mouth and then you would put your "backup" in your own mouth (which is bungied around your neck).

So when you talk about an octopus (or Octo) you are confusing people about which regulator you would donate.

Clear as Mud now?

ok. they always say donate your octo.backup while keeping your primary. but im learning that in most cases and dir that you should give your primary to an oog diver and switching to your backup. i get in now thanks.

Do you understand the reasoning behind giving them your primary second stage?

You know for sure that one is functioning (as does the OOG diver).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom