why not octo clipped to right d ring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another plus for donating the reg in your mouth is that it's possible that a panicked OOG diver will rip your regulator out of your mouth anyway. This way your prepared with your own backup right where you need it.

aquaoren:
DIR diver don't panic. :D

Would that it were so ... but I know of one case of a DIR-trained diver not engaging their training in an emergency ... and his buddy ended up in the chamber. Rare, granted ... and the training definitely reduces the possibility ... but we're all human, and humans are always capable of making mistakes.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

? The reg in your mouth has a secure molded mouth piece. Try and donate that to someone with a different set of teeth that you do and they choke.... Hmmm now what.

Mitchell:
? The reg in your mouth has a secure molded mouth piece. Try and donate that to someone with a different set of teeth that you do and they choke.... Hmmm now what.

There's a really, really simple solution to this, Mitchell. Do you want to tell us what that is, or should we spell it out for you? :)

ummm...molded mouthpieces(such as comfobite) are NOT dir last I checked

Mitchell:
That's why seacure mouthpieces aren't DIR. Now chant the mantra ,,,,,,,,, holistic system,,,,,, holistic system .......... holistic system.

Seriously, there are a lot of different bits and pieces and procedures that are meant to work together.

Going to the GUE website and ordering the Doing it Right - fundamentals of better diving book by J. Jablonski is a good place to start. Poke around the website a bit and you will also find some general review articles on DIR / Hogarthian gear setup.

Understand that some folks don't have tight lip grip to hold a reg in comfortably. I'm sure someone has asked before..

Mitchell:
Understand that some folks don't have tight lip grip to hold a reg in comfortably. I'm sure someone has asked before..

Asked what? I don't see a question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom