Back inflation and beach diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sergeantnic

Registered
Reaction score
You are all such a vast black hole of knowledge I've got another for ya.

Decided to go with the Zeagle Brigade BC and I told a buddy of mine about the purchase at which time he says....

"We're going to be doing alot of beach diving and those things are hard to snorkel in, are you sure you want a back inflation"

I told him alot of people are using them and they seem to be the way to go.

So am I going to be alright with one of these or should I cancel my order and get a jacket style?

All I do is beach dive and that is all I use. I have a Seaquest Black Diamond and would never go back to a Jacket style or a weight belt.

I have never had a problems.

of course you can snorkel in back inflate bc's. just not bp/w's, you'll be mobbed and beaten up for your lunch money.

BabyDuck:
of course you can snorkel in back inflate bc's. just not bp/w's, you'll be mobbed and beaten up for your lunch money.
:lol: By the men in black

Once I went to back inflate I never went back. The only ones who complain are those who haven't tried them, or they're brand new and any change is scary.

The majority of my new students who purchase new gear get rear inflates and love them.

A back inflate should be BETTER for snorkeling than a jacket style...heck, the wing is behind you so when you lay down face first in the water, the wing is above you stabilizing you.

I did some beach diving last week in Maui in my Zena and had no problem surface swimming on my stomach or back. Go for the Brigade, you'll never regret it!

sergeantnic:
"We're going to be doing alot of beach diving and those things are hard to snorkel in, are you sure you want a back inflation"

You should ask him for reasons why he thinks BI is hard to snorkel in. Like posted earlier, the bladder is on your back, and you'll be under it. Heck, swimming on your back in a BI is easy, too.

Thanks, I'll let him know. You guys are great.

Back
Top Bottom