another lion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
A different view...

glittereyebweb3.jpg

Nice clean image, love how the fins create a frame. Again, try that Cyan Hue and perhaps bring down the green a touch in Curves...

Mike

Mike -

thanks...I'll try those things in PS...I've printed copies on my Sony DPPEX5 (4x6 gloss) and the colours are spot on though there is a slight green tinge around the sunball. The lion's colours and whites are right on and the blue is true on the print. I am not sure I have the photoshop skills to change just that area!!

Are the images you are seeing way off? Anyone else seeing this? I really thought I had things set correctly now - appreciate the feedback!

The first picture was a tad green on my monitor although that could also be the way I calibrate my monitor. It is a pain looking at picture with a program that does not adjust for embedded color space. I generally find sunball much nicer when printed out than when looking at it on the monitor.
The patch of sunball on this picture also had a green tinge as well. Not sure how that happened.
Hope you don't mind I played a little bit with your picture in PS.
Tried to adjust green in level did not do much but as Mike suggested, in hue/saturation tab, go in to cyan bit and played with hue adjustment seemed to get rid of the green tinge a bit (tried the green chanel and nothing much happened).
I don't know how to use curve all that well either!

Nope, don't mind people playing - helps me, hopefully helps others. I tried to have a play as per the suggestions. First attempt the lion lost the true white and I don't like that (yours has suffered the same fate). These guys are not easy to expose or keep the colour true. My second attempt will have to wait as I ran out of paper! Get some more tomorrow and see.

The other thing to please keep in mind is that our water the other day WAS green & grey tinged and full of food. Our water rarely gets to be Caribbean Blue - which is good and bad. I think that might be one reason that trying to do too much adjustment at my current PS skill level isn't always pleasing! lol But I keep learning.

Hmmm, white fish or blue water :06: My PS skill is not good enough to achieve both either :wink:

Beautiful pic.... I like the original best :wink:

I really liked the color of the water in that first Lion photo. All water is not blue! Nothing kills a photo faster for me than when it's so obvious that the water's color has been changed or way over saturated.

This shot is very nice, the composition still gives that mis-water feel. Were you on your back with this one, too? :D

How deep were you when you shot this one?

Guys, its not the water colour on this one. Its the cyan cast around the sun.

Won't be able to get rid of all of it, thats just the way it goes with digital. Just a touch (+4) of Cyan Hue should take away a lot of it.
I will play with them a little when i come back from diving...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom