AI Dive computer help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guinness_ep

Reaction score
I currently own a suunto favor and want to upgrade to a wrist mount AI computer.

I don't want to spend $1k on one so looking at the more cost effective end of the range. I am dusting off the dry suit next weekend, as most of the ice is going off the lakes so hope to get one before then.

All wrist mounted AI computers are very expensive. UWATEC Smart Z Wrist, Oceanic VT Pro/Aeris Atmos Elite are probably priced at the "cheaper" end of the range. The most expensive is probably the Suunto D9. The mid-to-high-range would be the Oceanic Atom 1.0, Atom 2.0/Aeris Epic, Oceanic VT-3, Suunto Vytec/Vytec DS and the UWATEC Smart TEC Wrist. The Cochran Gemini price is variable, depending on the configuration...

If you are interested in a Pelagic Pressure Systems computer (Oceanic/Aeris), I would talk to Larry at Scuba Toys. Ask for the SB member discount. I think he has the Aeris Atmos Elite on sale right now...

Vie:
All wrist mounted AI computers are very expensive. A UWATEC Smart Z Wrist is probably priced at the "cheaper" end of the range. The most expensive is probably the Suunto D9. The mid-range would be the Oceanic Atom 1.0 and the UWATEC Smart TEC Wrist. The Cochran Gemini price is variable, depending on the configuration...
Yeah buts those D9 look sharp!

Bought my Atmos Elite from the LDS for about $650 with transmitter.

Keep with Suunto. I have the D9 with AI but the Vytec DS (Deep stop model) with AI would do the job nicely and can be had for a lot less.

Cheers.

-J.-

Vie:
All wrist mounted AI computers are very expensive. UWATEC Smart Z Wrist, Oceanic VT Pro/Aeris Atmos Elite are probably priced at the "cheaper" end of the range. The most expensive is probably the Suunto D9. The mid-to-high-range would be the Oceanic Atom 1.0, Atom 2.0/Aeris Epic, Oceanic VT-3, Suunto Vytec/Vytec DS and the UWATEC Smart TEC Wrist. The Cochran Gemini price is variable, depending on the configuration...

If you are interested in a Pelagic Pressure Systems computer (Oceanic/Aeris), I would talk to Larry at Scuba Toys. Ask for the SB member discount. I think he has the Aeris Atmos Elite on sale right now...

I agree 100%.

I have an aeris atmos elite and transmitter from Scuba Toys. I don't regret the purchase. Scuba Toys gets a thumbs way up! However I would say that if money is at all a concern, don't bother as the wireless feature is highly over rated. It works well, it's just simply not needed. All it does is satisfy a gadget craving. I do suggest you save 400 bucks and get yourself an atmos 2 and then go diving with the extra cash!:D Have fun!

Hi,
If you look for dive computer I can give you a special deal. If you interested please send a PM.

Jason

guinness_ep:
I currently own a suunto favor and want to upgrade to a wrist mount AI computer.

I don't want to spend $1k on one so looking at the more cost effective end of the range. I am dusting off the dry suit next weekend, as most of the ice is going off the lakes so hope to get one before then.

Thanks for the input. I did contact Scubatoys and waiting for UPS to show up tomorrow with my Oceanic VT Pro hoseless computer.

All being well and ice gone from the lake will give it a run out on Saturday.

Forget about the Uwatecs if you wear gloves and want to do anything with it underwater. Also, they only allow nitrox settings in 2% increments. What happens if you get a 32.5% fill? Technically you go up to the next higher %, on the Uwatec that means 34%, whereas on Suunto and many others you just go to 33%.

Back
Top Bottom