Dive computer that couples as watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

floyd2466

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Is there such a thing as a cheap-ish (maybe around $200?) but proper dive computer that can also be worn as a regular day-to-day watch? I am an OW diver and will probably never be getting more than my Advanced OW licence, so only really need something that can cope with 30m-depth diving...

Any suggestions would be welcome!

when I dive wet I wear a Citizen Aqualand that serves as a backup (for bottom time and depth.) It does not have an oversized face so you can wear it for everyday use. The price is a bit over $200, closer to $300. I'm sure an internet search would turn up a good assortment.

Welcome to SB Floyd2466! I suppose most wrist mount computers could be used as an everyday watch although I'm not sure if I'd advise it. You'll probably find a regular watch for daily use more practical.

Rap

As above, a quick search on leisurepro.com or scubatoys.com may give you an idea of what is available. However, not sure you would want to wear all the time, since if you hit it on something and it is no longer waterproof it has little value. Also, $200 may be optimistic unless you buy second hand.

Watch, Dive computer I have used is a Mosquito. I wear it during the dive trip but that is about all.

good luck

Sunto Mosquito reliable dive comp.

Ended up buying here in Japan the newest titanium version Citizen Aqualand II, and am so happy with it!! Looks great and already taken it diving - it really is almost as good as a proper dive computer, especially for OW divers! And dirt cheap too here in Japan - I paid the equivalent of $260 for it!! (Checked out several sites in Europe and US and they were all charging $500+).

Back
Top Bottom