Pinnacle Evolution 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prthd9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A friend of mine order the Pinnacle E2 four weeks ago and today the LDS told him it would be another two and half before it would come in.

I am curious to see if this is happening to other people?

Is it Pinnacle or the LDS?

6 weeks is a fairly standard delivery time for drysuits. This is not unusual at all. On the good side, this is a REALLY awesome suit. I went with a different one, but I liked the Pinnacle very much.

I ordered my Pinnacle Evo 2 on Feb 5 and was told it would be 10 days to get the custom stuff done (p-valve, boot change) and 10 days to ship. Today is about 33 working days from the day of the order and they have NO IDEA when the suit might be delivered.

Since I've started harrassing the online dealer they say they are having massive problems getting my size right (xxxl) and have had many long delays. I guess Pinnacle recently shifted fabrication to the Phillipines???

I've decided I'm not getting a Pinnacle now. Either DUI TLS350, BARE Trilam, or Ocean Vendors. What do you think of those suits?????

I am looking a rugged suit. Something I can use wreck diving and not worry about tearing if I brush against something. I was leaning toward the Evo 2, but now am think of the Trilam, and TLS 350.

The guy at DiveTank really liked the TLS 350 or Trilam.

Any opinions on durability between these three suits?

Hey Dude,

You can't hijack your own thread. Especially after I already did it!

R

well I'll just start another one then

TLS350 isn't exactly a rugged suit for wreck diving. It's popular here in the caves though. I went for a USIA because of it's ruggedness. I'll lose flexibility in the caves, but I needed something that could do double duty.

I haven't seen the Bare trilam, but a lot of people seem to like it. Don't know anything about an Ocean Vendors....

Well since we are all hijacking this thread...

What about the "self don" front zip?? does it inhibite mobility? does it help with don / doff? Does the heavier material (i.e. hd trilam) inhibit movement more than the thinner TLS 350????

What about the PEE-VALVE!!!

I can't see that the self donning suits limit mobility. The TLS350 is a VERY popular suit with the cavers here. And yes, it helps with being able to get the suit on and off yourself.

P-valve, I am putting one on my suit. Can't imagine not doing that.

PerroneFord:
TLS350 isn't exactly a rugged suit for wreck diving. It's popular here in the caves though. I went for a USIA because of it's ruggedness. I'll lose flexibility in the caves, but I needed something that could do double duty.

I haven't seen the Bare trilam, but a lot of people seem to like it. Don't know anything about an Ocean Vendors....

Perone: What type of USIA did you get?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom