Anybody dive with Body Glove Wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaLuuke

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am thinking about purchasing the Body Glove 7MM EX3 super stretch jumpsuit from www.scuba.com, and just wanted to see if anybody has any experience what so ever with any Body Glove wetsuits. Any input is welcome. Also anybody on here order anything from this website, www.scuba.com, if so let me know how the service and all was?

ScubaLuuke:
I am thinking about purchasing the Body Glove 7MM EX3 super stretch jumpsuit from www.scuba.com, and just wanted to see if anybody has any experience what so ever with any Body Glove wetsuits. Any input is welcome. Also anybody on here order anything from this website, www.scuba.com, if so let me know how the service and all was?

My wife dives with a Body Glove 3mm suit and loves. It appears to be almost indestructible and she has close to 100 dives on it and it still looks almost new. But hers is not a "super stretch" suit and takes some effort to get on.

Rickg

ScubaLuuke:

I have a 3 mil. It's as good as any other suit I've had, better than some.

I have had a Body Glove 6.5 jumpsuit more than a few years ago. The stitching constantly ripped and unraveled. After sending it back to the factor twice for repair, once for nearly a month, I gave it up. The LDS arranged for me to get a custom-made Body Glove as compensation and it worked OK. My impression of body glove wetsuits nowadays is low end, mass produced, inferior quality neoprene, but fairly priced with this in mind. They have a market segment they dominate and do it quite well. If you plan on using the suit more than periodically, I would suggest something a little higher end. It wasn't always that way. I had a BG 3/2 surfsuit 24 years ago and it was one of the best suits I ever used. Somewhere along the line they changed their business model to go after mass produced garments and market share.

I use a 3/2mm body glove wetsuit and I don't have anything bad to say about it.
actually my suit feels more like a 5mm one than a 3/2 because it is quite thick, wich is an advantage, I think. hard to get on/off at times but I can't complain, maybe I need to loose some weight :D I like my wetsuit.

I replaced my Henderson gold core 7mm with a Body Glove 7mm EXO, because of better fit, I have an athletic build and needed a greater difference between the chest and waist. So the Body Glove was a better fit. Works great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom