Air 2 / AirSource question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua Kitty

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Does anyone know if the ScubaPro Air 2 will work on an Aqualung BC? or Does the BC require the Aqualung AirSource? My dive shop told me it was no go, I had to buy the AirSource, but while looking for them on Ebay I came across a Seaquest (Aqualung) BC that had the ScubaPro Air 2 on it?! What gives? It's hard for me to trust the dive shops, all they want to do is push their gear on me ( I've been to every one in a 20 mile radius!) and they all do it! Any help is appreciated =)

The air 2 will work fine. I have retrofitted the Air 2 on several brands of bc with no problems. athough the pull-to-dump function wont work withough much more modification. If you but the air 2 all you need is the low pressure hose with the air 2 connection (it will come will all new air 2's) and 2 standard zip ties.

But if you use the Airsource, Air2 or the like, PLEASE change out your primary hose from a short one (which is NOT designed to be donated) to a longer one (40" works very nicely, but 36" is OK). Remember, unlike the "normal" recreational setup, you are donating the reg in your mouth so make sure the hose is long enough to allow for a realistic donation.

Thank you for your help, Upon doing some more research online I came upon the Air 3.. Wow that one looks even cooler! Do you know anything about it? I read that the corrugated hose (I’m guess that's the rigged black one that connects directly to the BC?) has to be 1 inch but they didn't say anything else about it!

I have put air2's on to sequest bc's and airsources onto scubapro bc's and the only problem I have ever encountered is that sometimes the hoses and fittings are different diameters. It has been a while since I have done it, so I can't tell you which one is larger, but with a little work and possibly loosing the pull to dump feature, it can be done.

The air 3's are a newer sexier version of the air 2 (as if that was possible)

air3 is 30% more $$$$s than the air 2 for no better performance...

I haven't dived with it yet, so I don't know for sure, but I have an Air 2 on my rig myself and out of curiosity, how expensive would it be to get a longer hose, like a 40"?

I don't want to be that ******* at the pool session who makes it a pain in the *** for the buddy to get air during our share air drilling...

Thank you for your help, Upon doing some more research online I came upon the Air 3.. Wow that one looks even cooler! Do you know anything about it? I read that the corrugated hose (I’m guess that's the rigged black one that connects directly to the BC?) has to be 1 inch but they didn't say anything else about it!

Hey Kitty. I used to work in a ScubaPro shop up the road from you. The Air2's and 3's don't automatically fit on all bcd's some manufacturers use a much smaller diameter corrugated hose. I know that Aqualung used the small hose at one point, but I don't know if the more recent models use a larger one that will work with the Air 2/3. Bring your BCD to Splashdown Divers up by the Two Georges in Boynton and ask Guido to look at it. You can also swing it by the boat, which is also next to Two Georges if you call ahead to make sure I'm there and I'll look at it.(561 577-3326)
ScubaPro used to include an adapter kit that would bush the inflator to various sized hoses, but for some reason I think that it was recalled a couple of years ago.

Hey Kitty. I used to work in a ScubaPro shop up the road from you. The Air2's and 3's don't automatically fit on all bcd's some manufacturers use a much smaller diameter corrugated hose. I know that Aqualung used the small hose at one point, but I don't know if the more recent models use a larger one that will work with the Air 2/3. Bring your BCD to Splashdown Divers up by the Two Georges in Boynton and ask Guido to look at it. You can also swing it by the boat, which is also next to Two Georges if you call ahead to make sure I'm there and I'll look at it.(561 577-3326)
ScubaPro used to include an adapter kit that would bush the inflator to various sized hoses, but for some reason I think that it was recalled a couple of years ago.

Awesome, Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom