Florida Shoe Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pheraghty

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for a place in Fla. That has a good shore dive(s), easy access to entry point, and a relatively close hotel that will not break the bank.

I am looking to come down to the sunshine state and warm up in April and relax for four or five days and work on gear configuration, buoyancy, etc. I am looking for shore diving so as to be on my own schedule and relaxed.

I will be driving so any point in Fla. would be fine. Does anyone have suggestions / recommendations? Any help is appreciated.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: I read the thread title & thought to myself "shoe diving":eyebrow: ,now this is something I haven't heard of!:D

Best shore diving would probably be at Lauderdale by the Sea. In my area we dive for sharks teeth at Venice, although I'm sure a shoe or two has been found once in a while.:D

I do my gear checks here

Blue Heron Bridge

check the photos link

hotels within walking distance (probably not lugging a full kit though)

Being the local Shoe HO, this thread certainly caught my attention. I also would recommend Lauderdale By The Sea, for convenient accomodations, and diving right off the beach. Hopefully, you'll be able to hook up some of the local Conch divers.

When are you planning to be down in Florida?

Late April? Shoe diving will be out by then... we'll be goin' after flip-flops that time of year. : )

If you're in the Venice area, drop me a line. We go out there regularly, and would love to have ya join us. But ya might need booties... (had to - couldn't resist)

Seriously - we'd love to have ya and who knows? Might just find a decent tooth or two!

Poor Guy can't get a break! Patrick - look at it this way: If we didn't bust your chops, we wouldn't love ya!

Lookin' at the extended forecast for this week, Saturday and Sunday look promising - winds will be DOWN (imagine that!) and out of the East. Water temp today is at 66.7 - as of 10AM. Temps should be up to 69 or so by the weekend. If we can't get a boat or two, we'll probably do a shore dive - conditions being OK for such.

Check the site to see if we're going - THE WETTER THE BETTER DIVE SHOP - UNDERWATER HEADQUARTERS
The guys have been finding large ones in near pristine condition...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom