Ft. Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drvngcrzy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am going to the Bahamas for an archaeological dig but will be stopping in Ft. Lauderdale for two days. I was going to drive to Key Largo, but it makes more sense to just stay in Ft. Lauderdale. Any suggestions? I will be there Saturday afternoon, May 17 and leaving Monday afternoon, May 19.

Any suggestions as to which dive operation to go with would help. I probably will only have my snorkel gear as I am limited on luggage that I can bring to the Bahamas with me.

Thanks,

Jim

I am going to the Bahamas for an archaeological dig but will be stopping in Ft. Lauderdale for two days. I was going to drive to Key Largo, but it makes more sense to just stay in Ft. Lauderdale. Any suggestions? I will be there Saturday afternoon, May 17 and leaving Monday afternoon, May 19.

Any suggestions as to which dive operation to go with would help. I probably will only have my snorkel gear as I am limited on luggage that I can bring to the Bahamas with me.

Thanks,

Jim

If you don't have a rental car, a great choice very near the Fort Lauderdale airport is American Dream II along with a slew of hotels on 17th Street Causeway. You can't go wrong in this area.

Here's another recommendation for American Dream II. :D

I was out with American Dream II this afternoon. They are always great.

I was on that trip too. Who were those two obnoxious guys that stayed down forever on the second dive?

I'd also recommend the American Dream, but be careful about (insane) insta-buddies, and be sure to bring your own de-fog. Don't expect the boat to have enough to supply the (ir)regulars and yourself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom