Computer Keeps Eating Batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rleslie

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have an Aladin Prime dive computer that eats my batteries overnight. I replaced the first one and it worked for two dives. The next morning the battery was dead. I bought another battery from a different shop, it lasted for two dives and the next morning it was dead. I even did a very non-manly thing....I read the directions to insure that I was turning it off correctly. I replaced the battery for the third time with the same result. I have used the computer on approx. 35 dives, so it shouldn't be worn out.

Any ideas???

Roger

I have had two aladin primes. The first one had long battery life. Unfortunately that computer went crazy and lost it's mind. Seems it was a bad batch and it was replaced by Uwatec. It lasted about two years. The new one has 47 dives on it and wants a new battery now. I'm hoping it's just the battery that came with the computer.

Take it back to where you bought it and explain what's going on with it. Could be another bad batch.

My prime had a similiar problem as well as not downloading. Uwatec replaced it as a warranty.
My dive shop did the foot work.

My first Prime lasted quite a bit. My second Prime used up the battery in less than 5 dives. I just replaced the battery and if the same happens then off we go to the dive shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom