3H Italia Italian Diving Watches: What's the deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Last summer, I picked up an Italian Diving Watch from relative new comer 3H Italia. The watch is beautiful and very difficult to get here in the states unless you go online where pretty much all pricing is in Euros and shipping is from Europe. I have tested the waters a few times now to sell this watch here as well as on watchuseek.com, and I am a little surprised at how little interest I am getting in the watch. I have the watch listed for around $450.00 which is very comparable to its price in euros without having to pay international shipping fees, but I cannot figure out the lack of interest. Please help me figure this out........does the watch just not have enough notariety in the states yet, am I asking too much, what is the deal?

What will it do that a Citizen, Seiko, or Luminox not do for $150 - $200 less?

Geezer, that is very true, and the most honost answer possible is nothing spectacular. More than anything I guess this is more of a watch for someone looking for something more unique, or someone looking for a piece to add to their collection. So is the company crazy for charging what they charge if its functions are no greater than a Citizen or Seiko or am I crazy for paying what I paid for it ;-)? I do know the mechanics of this watch seem to perform at a higher level than my good friends' Seikos, and theres are not WR to 15 Atmospheres as this is. Other than that the value may be more intrinsic to me. Please continue you share your opinions as I appreciate all of them.

The other factor is styling, which is extremely subjective. The appropriate mix of size, weight, color, etc., can be difficult to define. I have looked at a bunch of watches on different occasions, and one or two will seem to jump out at me, and catch my interest. The others all just don't seem quite 'right'. What mix makes a watch 'jump out' I can't describe - I just know it when I see it. I didn't see that from your photos - maybe others will.

So is the company crazy for charging what they charge if its functions are no greater than a Citizen or Seiko or am I crazy for paying what I paid for it ;-)?

You answered your own question

I do know the mechanics of this watch seem to perform at a higher level than my good friends' Seikos

The movement in the watch is a completely run of the mill Miyota movement, which is actually made by Citizen. It's no different than in any $29 Japanese-made fashion watch you might find at a department store. In many respects this movement is not even on par with even mid-level Seiko movements. In fact Miyota movements are commonly used in fake Rolex and other counterfeit watches that sell in the $50-$100 range.

Please continue you share your opinions as I appreciate all of them.

As a regular on TimeZone.com, where I've seen your "For Sale" post, I can tell you with a great deal of certainty you won't find a buyer for the watch there. Especially since you have it listed for $600 there vs the $450 you cite here. (Not that price would even be a consideration.)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom