Where can I find an Instructor who can teach a class?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DJM

New
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am looking for anyone who can help me out in regards to hosting a diver certification course. My name is DJ and I am the Aquatics Manager here at a private country club in Ashland, Kentucky. we have a large pool with a diving area "12 ft" and i am trying to find someone who can come here and do a diver certification course. I have tried to call the dive shops and cannot even get a call back so here I am.
We have a few members who have asked about having this course and they would be interested in doing so but they are NOT interested in going to the YMCa and take it.
So I figured a pool is a pool, "actually ours is heated so thats nice" and It shouldn't be hard to find someone who wants to teach a class here.
I assume the dive shops are just part time businesses or ? but if ANYONE can steer me in the right direction please feel free haha......

thanks again,

my number is 740-479-0298

There are some insurance issues with teaching on a private site, but nothing that can't be overcome.

You might consider visiting PADI.com, NAUI.org, diveSSI.com, or TDISDI.com and searching for instructors. You may find it easier to get a response from an "independent" instructor for a private group.

I'm sorry to hear that your local dive shop is not able to accommodate you however I am an IDC staff instructor and I might be able to help you. How many students are we talking about?

I would say find your region here on Scuba board and put the ad out on here but in a more localized environment. I'm sure if you go to the local region folks would be able to help you out. Everyone here on SB is more than accommodating and extremely knowledgeable. Good luck!

DJ, I may be able to help you. PM has been sent.

I know the YMCA is getting out of the diving business, they may already be totally out of it. Should help some local DSs but from what I have heard they had a pretty good thing going for a while.

The YMCA is indeed out of the scuba certification business. The program is however not dead. It has evolved into SEI Diving- Scuba Educators International Diving. The headquarters is in Muncie, Indiana. I am the internet rep for SEI. We currently have an instructor in Kentucky. If you'd like more info PM me. This is one of the most comprehensive recreational scuba training programs available. The OW course is set up for 32 hours of instruction, 16 pool-16 classroom, in addition to the OW dives. We not only have, but welcome and encourage independent instructors. How far is Ashland from Prospect, Kentucky?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom