What did you buy that you absolutely loved?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simmonsjr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I saw the what did you regret buying thread, but what about the flip side? What was the best gear investment that you ever made?

DSS back plate and wing for sure. Try it and see for yourself. And a far second, but my AB Biller Spear Gun. Hunting for me will never be the same (but I hope to get better!)

Atomic frameless mask, HP100 tank, SK7 compass.

The rest of the gear is fine but will probably be upgraded later.

My Aeris Datamask. I know people have talked down about it but I LOVE it. All of the information I need at a glance. Works great in the pool, in a quarry, and in the oceans near Cozumel and the Caymans. What a great idea :)
@ScubaDocER: I'm guessing that you aren't a mask-on-forehead kinda guy. :)

Stuff that I'm really glad I bought: HP100 tanks, drysuit, BP/W, Apeks regs, Suunto mosquito, my Canon A570IS

IMG_0663.jpg

Freedom plate from Eric Sedletzky. It's curved to fit the spine, and it holds the tank stable and close. I hardly know I have a 119 on my back with this plate.

So far the gear that I am glad that I bought was my Worthington HP 100 Tank. I have a Genesis HP 100 tank that I like, but I really like my Worthington. Like the height and weight. Vant wait for my nephew to get certified so I can give him my Genesis.

Oh I like my Mikron Pink Vanilla Reg as well. Its small so easy for me to use in the water and to take on vacations as well.

I'm happy with all of my gear, but my top picks are my snorkel and Force Fins. I'd buy either of those again immediately if I lost what I have.

I'm also a big fan of my light set (PT Torrent, PT Shockwave, & Pelican Recoil 2010) and my harness / wing. (No backplate yet.) The regs were a steal - Poseidon Cyklons, which work great in the cold upside down.

My nasty old Zeagle Ranger. It just refuses to let me down and I have less than $1 per hour diving invested. BTW, it shows no signs of quitting.

Back
Top Bottom