Looking to buy a computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lottinala

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
im looking to buy a wrist dive computer for my son (14 years old) and was wondering which one you have and why do you like it. its for his bday and he realy enjoys diving so i want to get him something that he will enjoy not spend all his time on trying to figure out how to work it. thanks.

price range?

air only or do you want EAN as well?

wrist, retractor or hose mount?

integrated or not?
integrated via hose or wireless?

Take a look at the Oceanic range.
Easy to read and use.
Good pricing
GREAT customer support.

Oceanics do seem to be cheaper and more intuitive than average.

price range?

air only or do you want EAN as well?

wrist, retractor or hose mount?

integrated or not?
integrated via hose or wireless?
i did say wrist and as for price i was thinking somewhere around 700 to 800 and do want it to be able to use with nitrox.

OCEANIC-PRO PLUS 2
Air Integrated simplicity on our legendary super-sized display. This classic Personal Dive Computer features the largest display with our patented Air Time Remaining algorithm built right in.

MSRP From $719.95

Edit- Nevermind this isnt a wrist mounted....but its a nice computer that fits in your price range.

Last edited:
I'm diving with a Suunto Gekko - it's easy to use and affordable (well under your budget). Air & nitrox, 50 dive log book, user replaceable battery, audible alarms - IMO a very good value.

Me, my Wife, and our 3 daughters (ages 16,12 and 10) all use the same exact model of computer.
Tusa IQ700 mounted in the console. I find them to be the best all around for the $ computer. Easy to use and full of features. I did not like any computer that required I lick my fingers to get it to turn on.

Its basically an overgrown super watch in that its easy to use and setup and easy to go through the screens and understand what they are saying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom