24 dives in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

100days-a-year

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Diving this month cut short by my "other" job and vacations planned by the crew I dive with,still it was a good month.
Vis and temps were wacky due to a thermocline moving around.Vis was 15' in 160' on the 16th 65 degrees.Inshore was warmer but the no vis and hot jellies made it untenable.

So far about 250 dives this year,all offshore Fl,GA,SC and NC.Mostly due to connections made here and on other forums.

Sept is gonna be weak too.The summer months we have lots of birthdays etc. which require missing trips in order to attend.August used to be 100 to 150 dives but we care for my DW mother who at 94 has cancer and dementia.

If there were shorediving locally I would double the dives I could do.I heard from some other forum guys visiting in the Keys that they were trying to get in 3-5 a day.We have an impromptu weekly total record currently held by my buddy Tommy of better than 30dives.

Dive every day there isn't a hurricane.Buy fills by the hundred,bring your own 02 and helium if needed and share gas and expenses.

We would take off every August as it was very slow for us anyway.Rent a canal home in the Keys,invite friends down and proceed to dive,dive,dive.We worked it out to less than $150 per day total for my DW and I to dive,rent and dine all expenses included.

As far as safety,it is all decompression "theory"so I just rely on 02 and common sense.We do the deep dives >100' first and shallow 15' to 60' reef dives last to essentially do extended deco stops.Of the dozens of friends and thousands of dives we did in August over the years not one DCS incident from multi-day multi-dive profiles.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom