Anyone order from LeisurePro? They seem pretty messed up...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

87GN

New
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I made separate orders on Monday, before their 3pm EST deadline for expedited shipping...I ordered 2 day, my girlfriend paid for 1 day.

They shipped my girlfriend the wrong computer, and they shipped my order just last night. Meaning it won't get here in time for me to check that everything works before I leave for Mexico on my qualification dive the next AM.

When I called them, their response was, "Sorry, if you don't like the reg, you can return it." What good does that do me! "You can trust us to check the reg out." (it's used) If you are so incompetent as to screw up two orders AND drop the CS ball, how can I trust you to check out a used reg? :shakehead:

My order from Scubatoys went very well though...Fast communication on an out of stock item that I had ordered and fast shipping.

No one is perfect all the time. Except for me of course, but I have made, what, maybe two mistakes before. :D

Scubatoys is the best.

Personally, I wouldn't order used gear without having PLENTY of time to check it out before a dive (as in a couple of weeks minimum) but that's me.

Not making an excuse for them, they clearly messed up. Just sayin.

Nothing like ordering from across the country for those surprise last minute qualification dives, is there? :wink:

So, last-minute planning on your part, combined with an ordering issue on their part means you don't get to save 35% after all? Maybe you should have checked an LDS and paid for personal service and immediate delivery of goods... that is what they are for - and air fills.

For the record, I have had many things from there arrive across the world without issue using the standard shipping. And their communication with me was great. It sounds like you just had a bad experience. If scubatoys is your store of choice from now on, great. I have no affiliation with them other than a strict customer/supplier relation.

Sorry to hear your order was messed up.

I'm in Manhattan so when I need anything I just stop into their store downtown and have never had any issues with them. LP has always been great about returns and exchanges.

I had a very bad experence with LeisurePro over a year ago. I bought a tank from them and it would not hold air. When I called them to see about a return they were going to charge me shipping to pick it up. And they acted like it was not their problem. When I ordered it they told me if anything goes wrong they will send UPS to get it for free. Also the tank's hydro. date was four years ago. It was almost due for a hydro and it was brand new. Lucky for me I called the good people at XS Scuba and they sent me a new tank and paid for me to ship the bad one back to them. Scuba Toys is the best Leisurepro sucks!

Welcome to scubaboard, OP's third post is to bash LeisurePro. Hope your shopping goes better in the future. I've been dealing with Leisure pro for over 5 year and have spent several thousand dollars there with never a problem. Good luck with your shopping.

Last edited:
So, on Monday, at the very last moment, you booked a trip to Mexico and and rushed to order a new regulator? You mean to tell me that you didn't know last week that you were going? And you're going to take a brand new regulator, never been in the water, on a trip without having ever tried it?

And somehow this is LPs problem? Hm...

Richard

Welcome to buying stuff on the internet. In a few years you will realize that every shop that has a internet storefront has problems filling orders on occasion. Some sites have more problems than others but it is very difficult to determine who the worst offenders are with only a few dozen ordering experiences.

It is usually wise to plan your internet purchases such that you will expect the purchase to arrive a few days late and be pleasantly surprised if they arrive when promised.

In fact, this is a good idea for just about any purchase, internet or not, given the "just in time" nature of today's supply chains.

I had a very bad experence with LeisurePro over a year ago. I bought a tank from them and it would not hold air.

Scuba Toys is the best Leisurepro sucks!

Looks like a lot of new posters are having problems with Leisure pro

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom