A good dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cooperscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Was wondering what people would class as a good dive?

For me a good dive is when I come back with everybody I set out with and I didn't pee in my suit :D

By your standards, all my dives are bad ... and I always (so far) return with everyone. You figure out the rest ... :wink:

1. Nobody got hurt
2. All of the gear came back
3. I learned something

Was wondering what people would class as a good dive?

For me a good dive is when I come back with everybody I set out with and I didn't pee in my suit :D

I must have higher standards ............all of my dives have been good by your criteria.

I have no idea what makes a good dive. It varies all the time for me and doesn't seem to depend on what I see, how warm it is, how good the viz is and so on. And it can even be just where I have an awesome five minutes in a two hour dive, to make the dive good. I think a lot of it depends on my mood and how my buddy is.

A good dive is sorta like a good airplane landing-----if you can walk away & not need medical attention, & can 'do it again' safely tomorrow, everything worked out perfectly.....

A good dive is one when i exit the water thinking "Hmm that was a good dive".

Simple really.

There's a big difference between good and successful.

A good dive is one in which I got wet and everyone got back OK. I have yet to have a BAD dive, however there are some that I wouldn't really care to repeat, but they were all that I could do, so I did them. (and would again in the same situation)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom