Key West in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeadiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello All:

I just found out I'll be in Key West in March and would like to get in some bottom time. My dive buddy limits her diving to realtively shallow (60') reef type of diving. Probably look at doing 4-6 dives total. I will haev a car, so some travel is OK. Any suggestions?

Hello All:

I just found out I'll be in Key West in March and would like to get in some bottom time. My dive buddy limits her diving to realtively shallow (60') reef type of diving. Probably look at doing 4-6 dives total. I will haev a car, so some travel is OK. Any suggestions?

Subtropic divers does a good job and KW has just sunk the vandy.

I agree with the above.... for better diving, especially reefs, head upwards in the keys, you won't be disappointed.

since your partner has a depth limit, you can still dive the Vandy. I think the top of the wreck is at about 40'. (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I've dove with Conch Republic in Islamorada and Capts Corner in Key West. The reef was a bit better in Islamorada but we still saw a turtle, 2 nurse sharks and a large eagle ray in KW. All of the dives were very shallow. (< 30') Bottom times weren't limited so we had some pretty long dives. We also stayed in KW during both of the above dive days and I'm not sure I'd travel all the way up to islamorada again, the drive back to KW was very long and tiring after diving all day compared to going out with capt's corner.

Thanks to all for your help. I had orignally thought of Looe Key, don't think that is very far from KW, but wanted to see what your collective wisdon was.

Appreciate it much.

Slide up and do some dives on Looe Key. Just a short 25-30 miles from KW and lush reefs! The reefs off of KW are pretty tired and beat!

I just used Looe Key dive center Florida Keys scuba diving dive training charter boats,Looe Keys Dive Center Florida scuba,scuba diving dive training Florida Keys,dives boat charters scuba diving Florida keys,Vandenberg Busch wrecks and they weren't bad. (a little over cautious for my taste, and it's a cattle boat that takes snorkelers, but they keep them separated from the divers) Anyway, the reefs up there were very nice.

I used Subtropic in KW this past trip as well and they run a nice operation as well Home | Subtropic

And I can also recommend Captains Corner, as I have used them also. http://www.captainscorner.com/Default.htm

Have fun!

@jeadiver, Give Subtropic a call 305-296-9914. We can set you up with what ever you need. Say you want to do a Vandy dive in the morning and then dive on the reef later in the afternoon with your friend, we can make it happen. :D

Lou (DM #256542)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom