Do short men wear more gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Boswell

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
You would think that smaller people would tend to carry less gear because of the weight factor, but at least with men, that is not my observation. On the several dive trips I have taken on commercial boats lately, there seems to be a negative correlation between a man's height and the amount of gear he carries. Is this common, and if so, can anyone suggest a reason for this?

It's the same amount, just concentrated in a smaller area:D

You would think that smaller people would tend to carry less gear because of the weight factor, but at least with men, that is not my observation. On the several dive trips I have taken on commercial boats lately, there seems to be a negative correlation between a man's height and the amount of gear he carries. Is this common, and if so, can anyone suggest a reason for this?

Can't say for sure but I do remember a friend once counseling me, "Don't date a woman with big hands because they make your ..." Well, I forget how the rest of it goes but it made sense at the time.

I seriously doubt "short men" carry more gear than tall men but I do think more PadI divers uses tank clackers than NAUI divers. N

Can't say for sure but I do remember a friend once counseling me, "Don't date a woman with big hands because they make your ..." Well, I forget how the rest of it goes but it made sense at the time.

I have always dated woman with big hands...never had a problem and always viewed it as an equal match! :dropmouth:

We short men have to compensate for our lack of height by additional equipment such as big ass dive knives, fancy dive watches, fancy computers, fancy regulators, etc.

Longer fins to look bigger underwater:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom