tech fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Patc

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all, I am new woman tech diver and cannot find good fins small enough for my feet. I have tried rockets (size medium) and others, along with fin keepers, lots of socks, and other way to amplify the size of my feet, all to no avail. Can anyone recomend good tech fin for me with smaller foot pocket. I also prefer the soles extended to the back of feet (or complete soles). Help and thanks

Don't these manufacturer's realize there might be a good market for size smalls for both rec and tech female divers.

I don't believe they're still made but you can try the used market. Scubapro made a compact jet fin. I am assuming you're diving dry; if you're using turbo soles try wearing rock boots over them and then putting the fins on.

How small are your feet? (I wish I had your problem.) I have found Medium Jets work fine for my 7 narrow feet in thin wetsuit booties. Large Jets work with heavier wetsuit booties or Converse high tops. Heavier soled booties or rock boots don't work for me in L Jets at all. I would think it would be very easy to get a heavier soled boot and get Jets to work.

I agree, though; I'd love to see a fin with the blade size of XL Jets, but a smaller foot pocket. I fear that there are too few tech diving women to make it worth anyone's while to market to us, though. Otherwise, there would be smaller reels and Goodman handles, too.

don't get too invested in small fins. i had to go up a size when i went dry - the large jets couldn't move the drysuit & doubles like they could the wetsuit & doubles, so i went xl. so make sure your new fins can move you in the water & not just look & feel great.

why the preference for soles of fins to the back of your feet? and are you using spring straps?

Thanks for the posts so far on small foot pocket for woman's tech fins. I wear a woman's size 7 shoes and my dry suit has turbo soles. With the medium rockets, the foot pocket is so large that even with 3 pairs of socks and fin keepers, the fins just flap around on my feet when I kick. I have absolutely no power at all. I saw one suggestion was to put wet suit boots over the turbo soles. I would rather just try another pair of tech type fins though with smaller pocket size.

I have size 7 feet and Turbosoles. Medium Jets fit beautifully with one pair of soft, woolly socks, but are too tight with two. With two or three pairs of socks, my Large Jets are a bit too big and move on my feet a little when I kick, but I think the biggest issue is that the springs I have were sized for boots and are really too big. Once I install shorter springs, I think they'll be okay.

I really like the Turbosoles for a lot of things, but what they did to my ability to select the right fin for the right job is kind of disappointing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom