Key West Padi Dive Shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Susie

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all you great divers,

I will be in KW on May 9-16th and wanna get wet! Can you recommend a dive shop that is not a cattle boat, who provides Dive Masters on their dives and that may take you to places that are not too too long of a boat trip? I don't ask much eh? LOL!
Also what is the water temp that time of year? I have advanced certs but not looking to go that deep (might try the Vandenburg as that seems to be THE wreck to do down there), it gets too cold and too dark. Besides, I like the fishies, big and small!
Thanks for your responses,
Susie

Can't recall if they're PADI or not (does it matter?) but I have been out with Lost Reef Adventures twice to try to dive the Vandenburg. Unfortunately, the captain determined the current was too bad on both tries. However, this just tells me they're really concerned with taking care of their divers. We had great dives both times anyway. Boat is not large, in fact our group of six had it to ourselves last time we were with them. Prices are very reasonable and crew is top-notch.

All the ops I know of in the keys have DM's. But thankfully they mostly stay on the boat unless you arrange for one privately. Don't know about the cost but one DM on a boat I was on was getting 25 per dive per person led. Also unlike California the water is warm. In May we had temps in the high 70's to low 80's top to bottom. And it usually is not dark. Been to 120 or so on the Spiegel and had plenty of light.

Why PADI? I am a PADI product I guess. Trust the training and like the attention to safety.
Thanks you all!
Susie

Why PADI? I am a PADI product I guess. Trust the training and like the attention to safety.
Thanks you all!
Susie

Hate to break the news to you but there are numerous certifying agencies significantly more safety oriented than PADI. I certainly wouldn't restrict my search for a dive op to a PADI shop.

Popcorn and coffee...

Is the a beer smiley? Now popcorn and beer, I could go for that.

I was waiting for someone to chime in on this.

:lurk:

Thanks you all!
Susie

Can I/we persuade you to at least expand your horizons a bit and venture away from PADI?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom